We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including Facebook, KPMG, Morgan Stanley and the NHS. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn.
Join us on our journey to democratising access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
It’s an incredible time to join the Engineering team at Multiverse as we build an outstanding alternative to university. You have a real opportunity to shape the team - and the entire company - at a critical stage in our growth.
If you’re looking to solve complex and compelling engineering challenges in a collaborative environment and are motivated by having a significant, genuinely positive impact on people’s lives, then we would love to talk with you.
Our goal is to provide you with encouragement and autonomy to do the best work of your career. We want to create a caring, understanding environment where everyone can thrive.
You will enjoy being a Software Engineer at Multiverse if
You want to do work that makes a difference
You want your opinion to matter
You want opportunities to learn and grow
You’ll solve real problems including
How can we support the needs of a growing engineering team?
How can we enable our engineers to fully own and operate their product features end to end?
How can we support the creation of performant scalable applications?
We work according to four principles
We want a happy team - one where everyone feels like they are doing their best work
We want to ship ideas quickly and measure the impact of our work - because time changes problems
We aim for no surprises. We own the pivot and constantly optimise for increased business value
We prioritise code quality and take pride in our craft - and the impact it has on our users
We share our learnings with the team in weekly informal training sessions, and with the wider community on our blog. We enjoy “10% time” where we’re free to play with new technologies, contribute to open source or simply experiment to see what we can build. We practise collaboration and prototype new ideas in Hackathons. We have a generous per-person training budget to spend however you wish.
We choose the right technologies and platforms for the use case - our stack includes Elixir, Phoenix, Postgres, LiveView, Elm, Docker, Terraform & AWS. But this doesn’t mean you need prior experience in any of these technologies. Applied, on-the-job learning is central to our mission, and our on-boarding process is designed to support the many team members who join us without experience in our stack.
You’re an experienced Engineer and have a solid understanding of software development principles and practices
You have a keen interest in developer enablement - including infrastructure, observability, performance and tooling
You care about building reliable, accessible and well-tested systems for the web
You have an appreciation for simple, maintainable design
You take a collaborative approach to problem solving
You thrive in a culture of knowledge-sharing and peer review
You enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of your colleagues - and you’re excited about working with our Software Engineering apprentices
Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
Hybrid & remote working - weekly or monthly visits to the London office
Equity - every Multiverse employee has ownership in the business through equity options
Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change. You can read more about our commitment DEI here.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Senior Director, Community, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager (US)
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Administrator, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Support Manager, UK
- Director of Government Affairs, US
- Engineering Manager - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- CRM Manager, UK
- Sales Academy Programme, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Admissions Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Data Engineer, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Analytics Instructor and Coach, US
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Global Communications Manager, US
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Workplace Manager, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Associate Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Launch Operations Manager, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK