We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including Facebook, KPMG, Morgan Stanley and the NHS. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn.
Join us on our journey to democratising access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
This is an amazing opportunity to kickstart a career in sales that’s rewarding in every sense of the word. We’re looking for exceptional people to join our nine-month Sales Academy Program as Junior Commercial Account Executives with those who are successful being offered a permanent, full-time job.
Whether you are new to the working world or have years of experience but in a completely different sector, we want to hear from you! We are looking for individuals who have a track record of making the most of every opportunity that they have been given! Perhaps you’ve achieved a high level in sports, the arts, or another hobby. Maybe you’ve made a positive impact in your community, topped your class, or turned a side hustle into something BIG. Whatever it is, you’ll be an outstanding individual determined to get the most out of your talent.
Sales can be full-on but that’s why we love it. So you’ll be someone who thrives under pressure and feeds off the buzz. Someone who isn’t afraid to put themselves out there, pick up the phone, and make things happen. Building relationships should come easy to you – and you’ll love connecting with people. Most importantly, you’ll be driven to learn and exceed expectations. Passionate about social mobility, you’ll be eager to carve out a career in sales and help Multiverse achieve its mission.
You’ll earn £27,000 per annum during the 9-month programme. Upon completion, you’ll move up to a base salary of £35,000 – with the opportunity to double that by hitting targets.
You must be available to start the Sales Academy on Monday 3rd of April 2023 on a full-time basis and be based permanently in the UK with the Right to Work. Unfortunately, we don't offer sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing
In this entry-level sales role, you’ll develop our existing accounts and – most importantly – build a pipeline of new ones. We’re already working with exciting startups like Just Eat, Vashi and Starling Bank, plus established giants like American Express, Ford and KPMG. Who will you add to the list?
You’ll be given all the tools you need to thrive. Interns learn from a world-class sales playbook developed by Jeremy Duggan and Steve McCluskey. These industry leaders share an impressive track record of taking four tech companies to billion-dollar valuations (now five including Multiverse!) - including taking AppDynamics from $100 million to $3.7 billion in just four-and-a-half years. The playbook is key. From planning against sales targets to prospecting and qualifying opportunities, to understanding business problems and finding just the right solution – it covers it all. On top of this, you’ll be given plenty of support.
Core to our culture within Go To Market at Multiverse is developing high potential individuals to become the top operators in our industry, who will go onto lead important organisations. This will include fundamental sales training, weekly 1:1 coaching sessions and quarterly reviews from established sales maestros.
This is your chance to carve out a career at one of the UK’s hottest companies - that has now gone global. Here, you’ll grow your skills, your network and your future alongside driven colleagues – and have fun doing it. Together, we’re empowering a diverse group of future leaders. Join us.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 16th February 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a short video interview (via HireFlix and will take 30 minutes maximum)
Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Baker Street, London: Tuesday 28th February 2023
Final interview (virtual): Wednesday 1st/ Thursday 2nd March 2023
Start Date: Monday 3rd April 2023
We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses to the assessment day. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
• Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
• Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
• Hybrid & remote working - weekly visits to the London office
• Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Senior Director, Community, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager (US)
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Administrator, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Support Manager, UK
- Director of Government Affairs, US
- Engineering Manager - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- CRM Manager, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Admissions Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Data Engineer, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Software Engineer - Developer Enablement - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Analytics Instructor and Coach, US
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Global Communications Manager, US
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Workplace Manager, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Associate Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Launch Operations Manager, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK