We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including Facebook, KPMG, Morgan Stanley and the NHS. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn.
Join us on our journey to democratising access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
As a Data Coach in our growing Delivery team, you will deliver a Data Analyst programme to apprentices who are kickstarting their careers in data. In this role, you will lead a mixture of group workshops and one-on-one sessions. As a Data Coach, you will teach a variety of topics, starting with the data analytics fundamentals such as Excel, SQL and PowerBi, before moving on to Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Python and R.
Our data coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts, teachers, and academics. We have Doctors, Scientists and Researchers, and Data Scientists.
Specifically, you will:
Teach, coach and mentor up to 40 apprentices through their 15-month journey on the apprenticeship programme, turning them into the next generation of data analysts/scientists and future leaders.
Deliver interactive online workshop sessions, boot camps and hackathons to help them discover and develop their skills for real-world application as they develop their experience in their role in an exciting organisation.
You will be responsible for your cohort’s progress through their apprenticeship, getting to know their roles in detail and working with their managers to support them to successful completion of the apprenticeship programme and into their future careers.
You have significant experience delivering data projects and teaching, mentoring or coaching.
You have experience using Python, SQL and PowerBi (beneficial) and would be comfortable teaching others how to make the most of these tools.
Our coaches come from a diverse range of backgrounds, so you might be a teacher who loves data and is looking for a new challenge, a Data Scientist or Data Analyst who enjoys developing others, or a PhD student who thrived as a teaching assistant.
You believe passionately in social mobility and equity, and you want to inspire apprentices to kickstart their careers in data
You align closely with our values and can share examples of how you have demonstrated them.
Equity - every Multiverse employee has ownership in the business through equity options
Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
Hybrid & remote working - 1 monthly visit to the London office, plus a 45-day “work from anywhere” scheme
Flexibility - 4 day or 80% contracts will be considered for this role
Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events
Internal Coach Continuous Professional Development scheme, which provides consistent technical and coaching training to help you be the best you can be
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Senior Director, Community, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager (US)
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Administrator, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Support Manager, UK
- Director of Government Affairs, US
- Engineering Manager - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- CRM Manager, UK
- Sales Academy Programme, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Admissions Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Data Engineer, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Software Engineer - Developer Enablement - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Analytics Instructor and Coach, US
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Global Communications Manager, US
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Workplace Manager, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Associate Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Launch Operations Manager, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK