Fully flexible hours
Role: SVP Research
Organisation: B2B Marketing Consultancy
Location: USA, Flexible, remote or office based
As our SVP Research you are responsible for promoting and expanding the group’s activity that will increase our reputation, expand our client relationships and lead to significant growth, in particular for our research service revenue, whilst supporting the overall growth of the group across consulting services, L&D and membership, and developing new research service offerings.
The role demands the ability to think strategically, an entrepreneurial growth mindset and strategic thinking with authority and expertise. You’re able to see the big picture and understand complex subjects. You’re naturally curious and able to absorb new information as well as structuring a high volume of it, drawing insightful conclusions. You are a thought leader, developing an opinion and influencing the market together with developing opportunities and mapping areas of growth. You’re proactive, staying on top of the service lines to maximise opportunities and increase our market presence.
You’ll be the ultimate role model, providing the highest standard of market research and competitive intelligence to our clients. You will lead the relationship with key research clients to ensure there’s high satisfaction, strategic integrity and maximising cross sell. You will also build the research team, managing your own direct reports and inspiring the team to strengthen capabilities.
From a service delivery perspective, you’re a trusted collaboration partner helping to both direct their thinking effectively into our team as well as proactively bringing solutions and ideas to their business.
You’re highly engaging and confident, at your best when leading strategic projects with senior stakeholders, shaping thought leadership and speaking at events. Working closely with clients and the senior team, you’ll make strategic recommendations on how clients can best achieve their research objectives, utilising your strategic insight and awareness at all times.
You have significant commercial acumen, and high emotional intelligence. You communicate frequently with the business to keep them informed of the company’s vision and progress; keeping the team motivated and morale high.
- Executive leadership of the research team and business
- Active participation in our Growth Hub community Centre of Excellence
- Set and own the strategic direction to grow our reputation, relationships and revenue
- Active development of customer advocates, case studies and best practice
- External market influence with thought leadership
- Active market presence, including attending / speaking at events
- Track Momentum’s own competitor landscape and share internally
- Play an active role to win research programs
- Develop existing research relationships to secure revenue
- Create thought leadership to position Momentum's research capabilities and communicate the value of research
- Advise on deal-specific research solutions in partnership with the Key account and Bus dev team
- Expand research services delivered across our current client base
- Build effective processes for research to sharpen ways of working, technology and tools in use and key processes
- Lead specific program design engagements working together with the wider research team
- Develop the combined market insights offering within Momentum
- Line management and pastoral care of the insight team
- Develop and enable the research team to ensure consistency across clients and a pyramid resource model
- Lead the team to perform research and analysis on competition and build areas of expertise
- Showcase success across the group and to the market
Skills and Experience
- Positive direct leadership style with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Great at building positive relationships both internally and with clients
- Strong commercial finance acumen, underpinned by experience key sectors
- Strong understanding of the group and industry dynamics
- Effective at identifying broader business trends and developing areas for innovation through clear and effective communication.
- Experience working across a matrix organisation, driving change, challenging and communicating with senior leadership
- Strong relationship management, verbal and written communication, strategic and analytical skills required
- Research team leadership, developing, attracting and retaining our talent
- Delivery of Research budget for FY23, building relationships, securing business and delivering research work to the existing client base
- Create market facing thought leadership and content to position both research capabilities and our own research studies (Growth Hub)
- Develop Momentum’s research offering with the expansion and launch of new services
- High client satisfaction from client engagements delivered
We are Momentum – one of the world’s leading growth consultancies.
Our Consulting, Research and Learning Services help global organisations grow their most valuable relationships. By giving our people the opportunities, culture and capabilities they need to succeed, we increase the impact they have for Clients, - and in turn the impact Clients have for their customers.
We are an ‘Outstanding Company to work for, 2022” in Best Companies, and we have ‘Flexa Top 100’ status for our extraordinary level of flexibility.
Find out more - https://wearemomentum.com/
Benefits & Perks (USA)
- Best Companies, ‘Outstanding Company to work for, 2022’ and Flexa Accredited
- 16 days paid leave (vacation and sickness) plus public holidays
- 3 bonus days off at Christmas
- Flexible working (hours to suit you, choose home or office with no mandates)
- Company bonus scheme (up to 10% of salary)
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision cover
- Enhanced parental leave
- 401k plan
- Personal training budget for your development
- Incredible culture club, regular socials and a dedicated ESG committee
- “Pimp My Home Office” budget of which is yours to keep
- Big focus on professional development and progression via quarterly reviews
- CoE (internal training programme, “Centre of Excellence”)
We are an equal opportunities employer and no applicant or employee will ever receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.