Fully flexible hours
Role: Head of People / Global
Organisation: B2B Marketing Consultancy
Location: UK, Hybrid / Flexible
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus and bens
Culture eats strategy for breakfast, they say. We couldn’t agree more, which is why we know how important it is to have a strong People Team in place at Momentum. We are a people business – without our talented team we simply wouldn’t be here. And whilst we do a great job of looking after that team, we know we can be even better.
As our Head of People and a true generalist, you are accountable for the delivery of our people strategy and day to day operational efficiency. Acting as an internal business partner to the leadership team as we scale, your goal is to ensure we develop key talent to the highest level of performance possible in-role whilst prepping a bench of ready successors. You ultimately have global responsibility for our employees’ experience and wellbeing at work.
We believe that the managers across the business are responsible for the people in their own teams. It is the role of the People Team to ensure those managers have the support, assets and processes that they need to deliver an excellent employee experience. We know we have work to do to scale successfully so our Head of People must build out these People capabilities and processes so that collectively we can achieve our goals.
As Head of People, you will lead an integrated strategic approach to People (Talent acquisition, HR, Learning, development, diversity, culture, and ROI) and operations (technology, performance, Employment law and the workplace).
Key to your success will be your energy and your ability to see the bigger picture of how people and operations underpins our overall mission and business goals; quickly translate them into practical steps with a hands-on approach to get the job done.
You will be supported by a small but highly ambitious people team across all areas of the business.
Overview of Responsibilities
Look at the big picture, identify and be accountable for a People Strategy that enables us to achieve our business goals and deliver on our growth plans.
Lead and Manage the People team using key performance deliverables, including:
- Business Partner the Leadership team across the group, ensuring development plans are in place for their teams, engagement within teams is high and that there’s a proactive succession plan in place for star performers.
- Own the successful delivery of our people’s goals and milestones by empowering and influencing the managers through coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Drive employee motivation by designing, orchestrating, and implementing the end-to-end employee experience.
Lead the people functions of the business, including:
- Hiring, contracts and onboarding
- Employment policy and procedural compliance
- Employee support and Wellbeing
- Solve complex organisational challenges that emerge as we scale.
- Innovate and smooth out the challenges that come from hybrid office / remote working on a global scale across four different time zones.
- Evolve our culture of transparency so that it is at the heart of how we communicate.
- Be the ambassador or our Employer Brand and ensure we continue to offer an attractive opportunity to prospective employees.
Internal communications including:
- Preparing Kick off meetings and other regular all-team HR communications Preparing internal newsletters and updates
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion by considering optimising for diversity at every stage of the employee journey.
- Proactively use data to monitor and optimise our organisational health
A bit about you...
- Ideally 5+ years in a generalist HR role within a tech environment
- Experience with scale / start ups
- Strategic and operational experience
- Solid management experience
We are Momentum – one of the world’s leading growth consultancies.
Our Consulting, Research and Learning Services help global organisations grow their most valuable relationships. By giving our people the opportunities, culture and capabilities they need to succeed, we increase the impact they have for Clients, - and in turn the impact Clients have for their customers.
We are an ‘Outstanding Company to work for, 2022” in Best Companies, and we have ‘Flexa Top 100’ status for our extraordinary level of flexibility.
Find out more - https://wearemomentum.com/
Benefits & Perks
· Best Companies, ‘Outstanding Company to work for, 2022’ and Flexa Accredited
· 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays and 3 bonus days off at Christmas
Flexible working (hours to suit you, choose home or office with no mandates)
· Company bonus scheme up to 10% of salary per annum
· Healthcare cash plan
· Group income protection
· Group life assurance
· Personal training budget for your development
· Remote working (your choice) and flexible hours
· Incredible culture club, regular socials and a dedicated ESG committee
· “Pimp My Home Office” budget of which is yours to keep
· Big focus on professional development and progression via quarterly reviews
· CoE (internal training programme, “Centre of Excellence”)
· Annual salary review
We are an equal opportunities employer and no applicant or employee will ever receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.