Remote-first - with Co-working space
Core hours 10 - 4
Location: Remote with occasional on-site collaboration at our main office in Oxford, UK
We established Mind Foundry to ensure that AI can be used to radically transform our world for the better. To do this, we design intelligent products that are easy to understand and easy to use. Born within the University of Oxford’s Machine Learning Group and founded by world-leading academics Professors Stephen Roberts and Mike Osborne, we empower teams with responsible AI solutions. We tackle high-stakes problems that help organisations in the public and private sectors, focusing on human outcomes and the long-term impact of AI interventions.
As a Senior Product Manager you'll be working alongside teams of talented scientists, engineers, design-thinkers and product specialists that enables the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML in a diverse range of products. We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams, where your passion for robust product development will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Product team, reporting to the Director of Product, you will collaborate across the whole business; from your colleagues in the product team to commercial, design, engineering, research and marketing, to capture the most relevant insights in our commercial relationships and translate them into building and extending innovative products that support and exemplify Mind Foundry’s three pillars. https://www.mindfoundry.ai/
With responsibility for both the core capabilities of the Mind Foundry platform and the targeted commercial solutions that are built atop them, you will ensure the collective capabilities of the platform are powerful and intuitive, while the value that they deliver in the form of commercial solutions is targeted and delivers customer value in our target markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using your experience to manage commercial product lifecycles including product definition, requirement gathering, user testing, market testing, go-to-market strategy and business justification.
- Contribute to, and communicate, our product strategy to different parts of the company, presenting product progress to both internal and external stakeholders at regular intervals
- Manage and prioritise specific commercial product roadmaps, ensuring requirements are well defined and understood by members of the development team.
- Explore, expand and define new product opportunities for capabilities explored within our Applied Machine Learning team.
- Represent Mind Foundry externally in presentations or client meetings
- Contribute product pricing and positioning strategies, driven by an understanding of competitors and customers, evaluate product opportunities within our current and intended markets and work across sectors where required, quickly adapting to different market requirements when challenged.
- Testing and validating product ideas and designing solutions
- Lead user workshops and interviews to gather requirements and feedback, sharing key user research findings effectively with broader teams in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner, supporting the company's mission in continuous learning.
- Contribute to product marketing by delivering clear value propositions and messaging
- Assist the Director of Product and Marketing with externally facing product communications.
- Keep up to date with emerging challenges/trends in the Responsible AI field, and understand them in relation to the product strategy, value proposition, differentiation.
- Where needed, contribute to the writing of R&D bids for the relevant team(s).
- Lead and support product-related R&D projects contributing to the future capability of the Mind Foundry Platform
You'll be committed to Mind Foundry’s mission, its three pillars and to building and maintaining AI technology that enables humans and AI to collaborate to solve the world’s most important problems whilst understanding the future implications of an AI-enabled world, and be attuned to the importance of responsible technology and ethical safeguards.
What You’ll need
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technical discipline, or demonstrable experience in the technology industry
- Experience in a Senior Product Management role, within a start up or scale up is preferred
- End-to-end experience solving complex problems from ideation to post-launch through product/technology development
- Experience with data-driven decision making, AI/ML and/or Responsible Technology
- Experience leading and working in interdisciplinary teams (e.g. designers, software engineers, commercial leads)
- An ability to work quickly and autonomously make decisions where required
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Communication and leadership skills; ability to work directly with stakeholders at all levels
- You will be enthusiastic and be keen to share your knowledge and passion with others
- You will be willing to share your experience and your skillset and upskill other members of the team in your best skills, and you will search for ways to improve your approaches to learn and move forward quickly
- You will be self-aware and humble and grow as a member of the Product team, and the wider team at Mind Foundry
What is like to work at Mind Foundry
- We are growing! And fast! So be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into this next phase of growth. Consistency and an eye on the long-term is going to be incredibly important for our platform as we scale - so you’ve got to have a long lens, as well as be able to prioritise things for the short-term.
- We are autonomous! You are a member of a team - but you will have responsibility from day 1. As the team expands, we’re going to need to evolve and adapt to supporting the different needs. So a commitment to mutually supporting each other is essential.
- We’re hybrid! It’s not a surprise, but there’s going to be a mixture of on-site and remote working; we’ll work with you to find the right combination for you and the role. So while you’ll be well connected with your teammates, it’s likely that you won’t be in the same environment as everyone you need to collaborate with. Being proactive and making a hybrid working style work for you, your collaborators and your team is essential.
- We’re learning! One of our commitments at Mind Foundry is to continuously learn from our experience and so we’re always looking for ways to improve, adapt and move forward. Things can change rapidly. So be prepared for a changing and flexing environment.
What else do we offer?
We believe in investing in our people by encouraging career and personal development aligned with your own goals and ambitions. We make sure all staff have the tools, time and support they need to shape their own professional development. We want to help you to be the best at what you do and to allow you to grow with the company.
You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package and great benefits such as:
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- Professional and personal development
- Private healthcare (including dental and optical cover)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity for equity in the company
- Group life cover
- Private pension
- Physical and mental health well-being initiatives e.g. discounts on gym memberships, free fitness and nutrition programmes, and professional mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme (if office based)
- Pet friendly office - a lot of our team bring their dogs to work!
- Plus many more e.g. social events, games night, pub lunches, snack/treats etc - we make sure our remote workers are not left out!
*benefits may differ for remote/non-UK employees