MLOps Engineer, Supply Chain and Operations Analytics
Multiple locations: Slough/London-UK, Veghel-NL
Mars Inc is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation journey. Our ability to solve the most critical problems across Mars in a User Centric way through Data & Analytics is fundamental to our Digital Engine and transformation. The opportunities are significant for Mars, and the opportunities for those working in this space are both hugely exciting and rewarding. Connecting and deriving break-through insight from our Mars Snacking data ecosystems, leveraging the rapidly growing world of external data to get closer to our customers and consumers than ever before, and unlocking efficiencies and automation in our End-to-end Supply Chain operations are just some of our big focus areas.
Building on this momentum, we are recruiting an experienced MLOps Engineer to drive innovation and aid the delivery of AI initiatives within our organization in a transformational role. As part of the Data Engineering capability, alongside teams of Data Scientists, and Delivery Managers, to design, build and deploy Advanced Analytics products and solutions which drive efficiency and quality across Mars Snacking’s end-to-end Supply Chain function.
This transformational role aims to support a 36-month transformative program and will be focused primarily on the reinvention and enhancement of the digital acceleration effort ongoing at Mars. This role has a strong potential to transition into a permanent Mars role prior to the conclusion of the transformation period, where appropriate.
- The MLOps Engineer role is responsible for evangelizing the adoption of data driven decisions across Mars by leading the development DevOps and MLOps capabilities. These frameworks and tools will enable the delivery of data products at scale and enable Machine Learning and AI to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable growth.
- Develops and deploys state-of-the-art frameworks, algorithms, and tools to accelerate the extraction of actionable insights from complex data sets.
- The MLOps Engineer works independently, receives minimal guidance, is viewed as a go-to in DevOps, MLOps approach and design discussions.
- Act as a thought leader, promoting a culture of innovation, data-driven decision-making, and continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Data & Analytics team and across the organization.
- Facilitates and influences complex or ambiguous business discussions, while flexing to communicate Data Engineering related possibilities and concepts in a relatable way.
- You are a strong software engineer with deep expertise in cutting-edge technologies, robust design, development, coding and testing of high quality and scalable solutions.
- You have deep expertise in DevOps, MLOps, Data Platforms as well as strong practical experience with modern engineering technologies which will enable you and the team to intelligently transform data into value, innovate, create high-standard robust production capabilities, and deliver increased business benefits.
- You will lead data engineering initiatives in collaboration with other team members (including with offshore talent partners) to ensure rapid development of robust, scalable and sustainable data solutions, with global best practices.
- You will manage the design and implementation of our data and analytics platform to enable insights and ensure the right technologies are in place for our needs – deliver engagements with the most up-to-date capabilities available in the industry.
- Day-to-day you will work in multidisciplinary teams & collaborate with Mars Global Analytics, Big Data Engineering, and Advanced ML teams.
Within this team, you will:
- Engage with different product development teams to understand the business vision and opportunities, build, and deploy standards using existing or new data frameworks to create scalable, robust, modularised solutions.
- Contribute to Architecture Review processes by assessing, authorising solutions proposed by different projects, ensuring that standards and patterns are followed by all projects under Supply Chain Analytics area.
- Present results in a cohesive, intuitive, and concise manner that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Preferred – Post-graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Data Engineering or professional qualifications in Advanced Data Design, Big Data.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an DevOps role or equivalent, ideally within the FMCG, Consumer Products, Retail, Telecom or Financial Services industries
- Hands-on experience of 4 - 6 yrs with Python, Django, FastAPI
- Experience of 2-4 yrs in deploying infrastructure as code tools e.g. Azure Bicep or Terraform
- Must have experience with container technologies like Docker, AKS or K8’s
- Hands-on experience in one or several of the following areas: Machine Learning, Data Engineering, DevOps and MLOps
- Experience with Azure DevOps for CI/CD, unit testing, and AGILE development
- Exposure working with ML teams and deploying models in domains eg. convex optimization, statistical models, time-series models, and Reinforcement Learning/DRL
- Experience developing and deploying monitoring tools e.g. Elastic search, Grafana
Delivers Consistent Results, Creates Collaborative Relationships, Innovation Management, Dealing with Ambiguity
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth