To deliver on this ambition of a Powered by Data strategy we need Data Delivery Manager with deep expertise and experience of agile methodologies and strategy creation to drive the multiple initiatives and lead the change in data and pet- and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare business.
The purpose of this role is to lead and inspire the data solutions engineering function across Mars Petcare through ownership and leadership, problem identification and definition, data product development, delivery, and release to end users.
This is a new job role created due to a team expansion. The role reports in to the Data Delivery Director. The role works with teams with cross functional squads within the Global Data Solutions team.
To deliver on this ambition of a Powered by Data strategy we need Data Delivery Manager with deep expertise of agile methodologies, long term strategy experience, and product management to drive the multiple initiatives and lead the change in data and pet- and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare business, owning everything from identifying gaps and understanding and defining the strategy, to the delivery and execution of a project at team level through agile ceremonies.
We are searching for a highly experienced Data Delivery Manager to help achieve the strategic vision of a pet-centric data organization. As a Data Delivery Manager within the data team, you will be responsible for agile practices within your team, creating an engaging and stimulating environment, enabling them to thrive and delivering great quality and value to our stakeholders. You will also focus on the long-term strategy of the platform understanding the stakeholders and teams needs and own roadmap, vision, and strategy within your product area/s.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of projects, through sprint and release planning, facilitating scrum ceremonies and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Identifying strategical areas of improvement through talking to the team and stakeholders, ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed way
- Work across levels and both internal and external stakeholders and users to analyse, define, and align on business problems and value creation opportunities, identifying the most impactful problems to solve
- Ability to articulate the value of metrics and reporting within agile delivery including backlog management, burndown charts and team velocity
- Ensure fluid and rapid communication in case of issues, scope changes, estimation inaccuracy or any other situations that could have an impact on the delivery of the team.
- Day to day management of the board, improving flow and working with the team to make the most out of utilising user stories for backlog management. Working with other teams in building the platform backlog.
- Identifying ways to improve ways of working and workflow (by introducing automation if appropriate)
- Working with the tech lead to introduce true DevOps practices and help “close the loop” between users and the development team.
- Help the team highlight value and develop metrics and reports which can be presented to senior managers as to the state of the many parallel projects.
- Assisting in the role out of inner source and aligning agile process with inner source methodologies.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- CSM or equivilant Agile certification
- Experience in a scrum master/product owner role delivering projects and products through agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies.
- Great at developing new relationships, driving positive change, and highly innovative
- Great at developing new relationships, forming strong stakeholder relationships, thoughtfully communicating, driving positive change, and highly innovative and collaborative
- Experience in stragetgy project planning, being a project manager owning that full process for ideation to delivery
- Advanced expertise in project management & agile tracking software (Jira/Trello/Monday.com etc)
- Knowledge of open/inner source methods and ideas
- Working knowledge of DevOps Process
- Knowledge of the Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of Data systems and processes
- A basic understanding of software development and development lifecycle is advantageous.
- Any blend of technical skills (e.g. Python, SQL, HTML etc.) due to the nature of the stakeholders being developers themselves.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth