An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious organisation based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An introduction to the role:
As Bookkeeper at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our Operations team, specifically focused on assisting our Financial Director with our financial operations.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a warm, organised and responsible applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led organisation.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
£25,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
Monday, March 27th, 2023.
- Process transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Management purchases and payment workflow.
- Working with the team to improve internal accounting processes.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Maintenance management of fixed assets and register.
- Set up payments.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager with invoice and account code matching.
- Assisting with account management.
Who are you?
- You’re an experienced bookkeeper who understands the importance of being organised and efficient.
- You’ve worked in office environments before and you enjoy being a part of an inclusive company culture.
- You’re a self starter who is keen to work with an impact led start up.
- You carry yourself in a friendly, warm and professional manner.
- You’re tech savvy and you use this knowledge to implement improvements in your working environment.
- You’re an open, honest and helpful person. You treat people with respect.
- You’re an active listener and enjoy working with people from all walks of life.
- You’re passionate about sustainability and you care about the world around you.
What you need:
- Three years minimum bookkeeping experience.
- Experience using Xero.
- Desire to grow with LettUs Grow.
About LettUs Grow
The position is part time at 2-3 days per week (or spread across 4 to 5 days if preferable). The role is based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer. We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human being unique.
Do you have any special requirements during the recruitment process? Just let us know. We’ll do our best to remove any barriers preventing you from applying for our opportunities!
Life at LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible, remote working and work from anywhere policies. Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don't, you can carry some over into next year.
- 20 days sick pay.
- Pension contribution.
- A dog friendly office.
- The day off for your birthday.
- Socials, biannual company parties (always with a community focus) and an annual company volunteer day.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- A subscription to Heka with access to gym memberships, music lessons, language classes and so much more.
- Optional vegetable box scheme from local organic farm The Community Farm.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees who are passionate about fostering an inclusive working environment.
- An open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility complete with skill-sharing workshops and monthly potluck lunches dubbed, "LettUs Lunch."
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier. Coffee, tea, oat milk, breakfast and fruit are on the house!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.
We asked employees of LettUs Grow how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at LettUs Grow
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
Everyone is so supportive on one another both professionally and personally. With lots going on across the different teams there is so much to learn and get involved with its great!
LettUs Grow Employee