A little flex time
Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Our customers are successful European companies, like Wefox, Bitpanda, Gorillas, Trade Republic, and many more.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 Swiss startups and are ranked as the #1 ICT startup in Switzerland.
Ledgy’s $10m Series A round in September ’21 marked the entry of renowned Silicon Valley investor Sequoia Capital into the Swiss startup ecosystem—almost 50 years after its founding.
Our goal at Ledgy is to use this freshly acquired confidence (and capital) to build one of the greatest teams in Europe and boldly go to where no company has gone before 👩🏻🚀🚀
We are an international and diverse team of 63 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ledgy, your mission is to write beautiful code, design an elegant data-processing architecture, and collaborate with others to build a platform that is secure and unbreakable.
At Ledgy, you will
- Join our product team (7 developers, our product manager, the CTO, the CPO) as a full-stack web engineer
- Design a robust architecture to move fast and occasionally break things 🌳
- Exchange code reviews with our experienced software developers
- Enjoy the delights of analytical tasks and logical reasoning 🖖
- Boldly guide our team to where no web engineering department has gone before 👩🚀
- Experience a new paradigm of web development that blurs the boundaries between back-end and front-end engineering 🌌
The job is a good fit if you enjoy
- Sharing your experience and help with the growth of the next generation of full-stack web engineers 👩🏫
- Mentoring experienced web engineers in TypeScript, CSS, React ⚛️
- Scaling a large web application written in Meteor, NodeJS, and MongoDB 🎹
- Having regular brainstorming sessions and improve the code organization 🧠
- Setting up build processes using Babel, Webpack, and GitHub Actions ⚙️
- Designing a robust infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform 🚉
- Applying functional programming paradigms in web engineering ⛓
- Naming even complicated variables the right way 👨🏻🌾
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.