A little flex time
Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Ledgy was founded in Switzerland in 2017 – in fact, we were the first ever Swiss company to be backed by Sequoia Capital. 🇨🇭 Today, Ledgy is a pan-European company with offices in London and Berlin as well as our HQ in Zürich.
We are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading investors. New Enterprise Associates led our $22m Series B round in 2022, with Jonathan Golden joining Sequoia’s Luciana Lixandru on our board. We are now focused on building incredible equity experiences for companies and teams, to make Europe the best place in the solar system to own equity 👩🏻🚀🚀
We encourage diversity and are an international team of 72 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner at Ledgy, your mission will be to implement and manage people operations programs and policies in new markets to support Ledgy’s growth. This is a high impact role with the opportunity to define best practices in people operations in a fast growing company. Reporting directly to the Head of People, you will be a trusted partner to the leadership team and be an integral part of building world class people policies and programs for Ledgistas’ across Europe.
Short-term goals (3 to 6 months): own people operations in the UK and Germany
- Evaluate Ledgy’s employee lifecycle and determine opportunities for improvement; develop and implement plan for best in class employee experience
- Lead people operations in the UK and Germany, including onboarding, offboarding, benefits, and compensation
- Own our remote hiring process, including generating employment contracts for remote hires and onboarding plans for new employees
Long-term goals (6 to 12 months): define scalable best practices for people operations
- Act as a trusted strategic business partner to the team leads
- Own strategic workforce planning, including collaborating with team leads on headcount planning and managing the people ops budget
- Drive all people ops planning involved in opening new entities as Ledgy expands into new markets
- Collaborate with Head of People to implement HR strategy, policies, and processes that align with company goals
- Monitor people analytics to inform Ledgy’s HR strategy
- Reinforce a learning culture by supporting professional development and training initiatives for managers and employees across all levels of the organisation
The job is a good fit if you are:
- Passionate about people and culture
- Proficient in either German or UK employment law and compliance
- Knowledgeable about Employee Stock Option Plans
- Proactive, self-motivated, and eager to build and implement scalable HR policies and strategy
- Interested in data analytics
- Comfortable working cross-functionally in a remote environment
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.