A little flex time
Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Our customers are successful European companies, like Wefox, Bitpanda, Gorillas, Trade Republic, and many more.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 Swiss startups and are ranked as the #1 ICT startup in Switzerland.
Ledgy’s $10m Series A round in September ’21 marked the entry of renowned Silicon Valley investor Sequoia Capital into the Swiss startup ecosystem—almost 50 years after its founding.
Our goal at Ledgy is to use this freshly acquired confidence (and capital) to build one of the greatest teams in Europe and boldly go to where no company has gone before 👩🏻🚀🚀
We are an international and diverse team of 63 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As Senior Frontend Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to be Ledgy’s first dedicated frontend engineer. You will help shape the direction of Ledgy’s frontend architecture and code base, design and build cool new features for users around the world, and contribute to our engineering culture of inclusivity and growth through ongoing learning and mentoring of others.
The job is a good fit if:
- You have strong frontend expertise, ideally in React. For this role, there's a minimum of 3 years of professional experience writing code, advancing beyond an entry-level position
- You’ve helped scale complex, high-performance web applications
- You care about quality and testing. You understand that the best way to move fast is to maintain high quality of code through testing, reducing complexity, striving for consistency, and implementing best practices
- You often advocate for better frontend infrastructure for your fellow developers, and have knowledge of tools for bundling, building, testing, monitoring, and CI/CD for the frontend.
- You have a desire to help design and lead the development of a formal design system and component library
- You value collaboration and mentorship. You actively seek and give thoughtful feedback within and across teams. You enjoy sharing knowledge and growing alongside the team.
- You love working with designers. The prospect of collaborating with UX and UI designers at all stages of a project excites you.
- You're an excellent communicator, with the ability to bring complex ideas to life in a way that is intuitive and delightful.
- You have prior experience with our tech stack or are interested in learning it (TypeScript, Node, Meteor, MongoDB, Jest, Google Cloud Platform)
In the first 30 days:
- Be paired with an onboarding buddy who will help you ramp up in our codebase and introduce you to the world of equity management
- Join your teammates on your first project, and write your first lines of code at Ledgy!
- Get to know Ledgistas both in Product Development and across the company in our daily cafecitos, monthly get togethers, and pick out your very own personalized Ledgy emoji
Short term goals (3 months):
- Guide other developers in best practices for building lightweight, fast, and scalable frontend components
- Work cross-functionally to scope and plan new projects that best serve our users
- Exchange code reviews with our experienced software developers
- Help to define processes for collaboration between Engineering, Product, and Design
- Lead the expansion of our frontend testing framework so that it remains high-quality and robust as we scale
Long term goals (6 to 12 months):
- Re-engineer the frontend architecture to allow multiple teams to release different components of our application in an independent manner
- Profile frontend code to improve load time and performance of core components
- Be a trusted partner for product management and design, and provide technical leadership on large projects, such as the implementation of a component-based design system
- Craft an internal curriculum for training current and new developers on the latest and greatest in frontend technologies
- Contribute to Ledgy’s technical blog (coming soon!)
- Help grow Ledgy by interviewing candidates for teams across the Engineering organisation
The interview process:
- CV Review: we review your resume and get back to you as quickly as possible
- Getting to know you: 30 min chat with a recruiter to talk about your experience and the role
- Technical Screen: 45 minute coding interview with an engineer
- Take-home Challenge: Dive into our business domain by solving a fun coding challenge. Then meet with a couple of our engineers to review your submission together and discuss feedback.
- Leadership interview: 45 minute chat with our Head of Product Development about prior accomplishments and challenges as an engineer
- Culture Interview: a chance to meet one of our founders for a 30 minute chat about Ledgy’s mission and values
- Offer 🎉
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.