A little flex time
Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Our customers are successful European companies, like Wefox, Bitpanda, Gorillas, Trade Republic, and many more.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 Swiss startups and are ranked as the #1 ICT startup in Switzerland.
Ledgy’s $10m Series A round in September ’21 marked the entry of renowned Silicon Valley investor Sequoia Capital into the Swiss startup ecosystem—almost 50 years after its founding.
Our goal at Ledgy is to use this freshly acquired confidence (and capital) to build one of the greatest teams in Europe and boldly go to where no company has gone before 👩🏻🚀🚀
We are an international and diverse team of 63 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As Head of Finance at Ledgy, your mission will be to provide strategic financial guidance and operational excellence in support of our ambitious growth objectives. The Head of Finance is a critical leadership role at Ledgy. Reporting directly to the founders, you will be responsible for financial planning, play a key role in our international expansion, and provide strategic direction to the leadership team.
Short term goals (3 months): lead financial planning and improve operational efficiency
- Lead financial planning and operations including forecasting, budget, cashflow management, and accounting
- Work cross-functionally to support compliance, regulatory, accounting, tax and legal requests
- Develop and monitor financial performance metrics; provide stakeholders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers
- Provide real-time visibility into the unit economics of our business and identify opportunities to improve GTM strategy
- Manage Ledgy’s Employee Stock Option Plan, including grants and tax implications
- Drive operational and financial efficiency, including evaluating our procurement processes and currency management
- Oversee expansion into new markets, such as the US, including establishing our legal entity, setting up new offices, and identifying the most advantageous ESOP schemes
- Be a great people leader of our current team which includes our legal counsel and our finance and operations associate
- Continue building a stellar diverse team that can be the stable backbone of all our growing activities
Long term goals (6 to 12 months): be the strategic advisor to the leadership team
- Develop strategic financial plans to ensure the team is resourced to achieve long-term OKRs and timeline milestones
- Proactively uncover new opportunities in order to remain a high-performing, lean and resourceful company as we scale
- Collaborate with functional leaders to determine headcount planning and budgeting
- Partner with our Revenue Ops team to develop strategies and processes that drive growth
- Present business performance and trends to the executive team, board members, and investors
- Lead and mentor a growing team across regions and retain great talent
The job is a good fit if you
- Have 10+ years of strategic finance experience in a technology company; working knowledge of SaaS business models and is considered a plus
- Have built and managed diverse teams
- Are analytical, detail-oriented and enjoy being in control of complex cross-functional projects
- Are highly operational, collaborative, and are motivated to build structures from scratch in order to achieve our goal of 5× revenue growth within 12 months
- Experience with cross-border expansion is considered a plus
- Are comfortable working with ambiguity and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments
For more information please contact email@example.com
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.