Fully flexible hours
Senior Full Stack Engineer
🌍 UK, Remote
💰 £70,000 - £90,000
🌱 Role Level: IC3
Wondering this means? Check out our Career Framework
⭐️ Our Perks
❤️ Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture. Check out our Employee Guide for more detail!
Drive your own experience 🙌
📚 Learning and Development - £1,000 learning budget each year + unlimited learning leave to drive your own development.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours - You have the choice to work in the way that brings out the best in you whether you're an early bird or night owl.
🏢 Distributed working - £500 WFH allowance and co-working options (no full time office vibes over here!). We also have a Hive in Shoreditch open for anyone to use, whenever.
💻 Technology - Your choice of Mac or Windows via Hofy.
📮 Surprises - Letterbox gifts.
Empowering you to be your most authentic self ✨
🏖 25 Holiday Days + your local bank holidays — because we're global like that, thanks Omnipresent
🎂 1 Birthday day - unless you're the Queen and get 2! 👑
🏠 1 Life Event day - to recognise life's big moments like a wedding, graduation, moving house
🛌 2 Duvet days - to press the pause button and reset mentally, no questions asked
🙏🏼 Religious Celebrations Leave — time to celebrate what's important to you, regardless of your faith or where you are in the world
💜 Compassionate Leave — up to 5 days time off or more if you lose a loved one, regardless of who it is - whether you've miscarried or lost a pet, you don't need to tell us why
⛅ Seasonal Hours — 2 hour lunch breaks on Tues & Thurs in Winter ❄️, we finish at 2pm on Fridays in Summer ☀️
🧠 Mental Healthcare - Unlimited qualified therapy-based support through Oliva
🤕 Paid sick leave - Enhanced sick pay up to 40 days each rolling year
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
UK Learnerbees 🇬🇧
🤒 Income Protection - 75% of your salary covered for 3 years if you become ill long term
👩🏾⚕️ Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 5 cover with SimplyHealth, you get money back when you spend on health appointments e.g. physio, dental, optician + more
💰 Pension — Learnerbly matches 4% of your salary into your pension pot to help you save for the future
Who we are
Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world. We are a team of 75+ and over the last four years, we’ve built an online marketplace curated from 250+ of the best learning providers. So far, we’ve supported thousands of employees from fast growing tech scale-ups and progressive businesses like GoCardless, Curve, King and Freetrade to power their learning culture. We've only just started our journey to help unlock everyone's full potential.
Read more about us here, find out what we’re talking about on our blog or see how we empower companies to commit to a culture of learning during a shift to more remote based working!
Our Mission, Vision, and Purpose
- Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world.
- Our vision is to create a world where everyone unlocks their full potential
- We believe everyone can make a difference.
🙌 The role
We are looking for Senior Full Stack Engineers with experience in designing for and operating with AWS-based systems to work alongside our talented (and growing!) Engineering team.
As a Senior engineer, the purpose of this role is to add more experience to the current engineering team and to share your knowledge / experiences not only with the whole team but especially with more junior members. On the engineering side: to increase our ability to deliver high quality solutions so we can meet the growing needs of Learnerbly.
We want to continue to build an empowered and diverse team who are at the heart of making our marketplace a delight for any end-user! If you’re a curious-learner, a challenger and a keen solution-finder, we want you on our team! We’ll never ask for formal qualifications in our roles.
🛠 How do we use our tech stack?
Our infrastructure is managed via Terraform and the serverless framework. On the client-side, we use React and Apollo to build web-based components and to bind them to our GraphQL API.
👫 Who's in our engineering teams?
Our teams comprise of engineers from a range of varied backgrounds (not all from EdTech SaaS marketplace backgrounds!). Each team have differing seniority of engineers: from Associate through to Mid-level and Senior-level, a Product Manager and a Designer.
We also have a Tech Lead and Engineering Manager who are there to continually develop you, the team, our engineering culture and of course, the product, in every aspect!
🧐 What do our engineering teams currently look after?
We currently have two fully formed Engineering teams: our Fulfilment and Platform team. We’re currently hiring to form our 3rd team!
Our platform team currently leads on everything related to the Learner experience. For example, how people interact with and discover content on our Learnerbly marketplace!
Our fulfilment team enables and tracks the purchasing, delivery and status of orders from start to finish, when a request from a learner is made. We make sure the money moves just right; that the suppliers get paid and the learner gets what they asked for quickly and accurately.
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS/Serverless Framework
- Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, ElasticSearch, MySQL, CloudFront
What you'll be getting up to....
- Collaborating with your team to deliver high quality software
- Working with us to shape our systems design and AWS infrastructure
- Contributing to shaping technical standards and processes
- Enabling teams manage tech debt
- Making sure your team(s) are consistently delivering good quality code
This role will be a great fit if...
- You can take on big problems, break them down and collaborate with other members of a cross functional team to solve them.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with the wider team.
- You can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to changes of a growing team.
- You are humble, have a growth mindset and a strong desire to learn.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, and about what you learnt.
So, if this role excites you, don't let our role description hold you back, get applying!
🕵️♀️ Hiring Process
Check out 💻 Interviewing with us to learn how you can put your best foot forward!
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
💛 Our Values
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- Always Grow: We are curious and continuously take ourselves out of our comfort zone to spark new ways to develop ourselves, and each other. We humbly respond to feedback and proactively share advice with others to reveal new insights and accelerate growth. We proactively share what we learn and seek the contrary opinion in the room to diversify perspectives.
- Include Intentionally: We go the extra mile to include diverse perspectives in everything we do, to create an environment where everyone can belong. We deliberately default to trust and embrace everyone, to create a safe space to share our thoughts and make mistakes to learn from. We bring our best authentic selves to the party, to live more fulfilling lives.
- Create Impact: We think big and bold, and use our resourcefulness to bring solutions to the table and achieve Learnerbly goals. We experiment and deliver fast, and take pride in the quality of our work to drive the best outcome for our user. We set boundaries and prioritise ruthlessly to protect our time, focus, and wellbeing, so we can perform sustainably.
- Win Together: We are accountable to ourselves and each other, we communicate clearly and simply to drive alignment and enable action. We make the time to support others and are able to ask for help when it's needed to move forward as a team. We celebrate each other's successes because when we win, we win together. And if we don't win, we learn together.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At Learnerbly, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities should be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, caring responsibilities, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Learnerbly. We strive to embed it not just into our values but throughout our entire culture.