Fully flexible hours
Leadfeeder is a fast growing international SaaS scale-up. We are on a mission to bring web intelligence into business. Simply put, Leadfeeder helps companies know more about their website visitors, which enables them to convert promising visitors into sales leads.
We’re excited to share that Leadfeeder has merged with Echobot, a leading provider of European Sales Intelligence. As a result, we now have 250+ team members based across 30+ countries and six offices across the US and Europe. Together, our companies are striving to be the leading sales intelligence and go-to-market platform in our core European and North American markets.
Are you a self-starter looking to learn and grow as part of a world-class team? We are hiring many key people around the world to strengthen our rapid growth. Join our journey!
Our remote-first engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining our products.
We are organized in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy.
We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring, and overall improvements for developer productivity and happiness.
We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
The Engineering Lead is the manager for engineers in their squad and the technical leader working closely with a Product Manager to create plans, specifications and setting objectives for the squad.
Managing engineering squads at Leadfeeder involves working with and understanding a broad range of technologies. These include: Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Sidekiq, Redis, gRPC, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes as well as a number of AWS-managed databases and other services. You can come from either the frontend or backend background.
We expect the Engineering Lead to own all people management related activities for their squad, to onboard, train, mentor and coach engineers, to plan development cycles and closely monitor the completion within the planned outcome, to act as individual contributor and represent their squads in meetings.
- Manage, motivate, mentor and coach a remote engineering squad
- Have full responsibility for the growth of your team by actively participating in the recruitment process and onboarding new joiners
- Own people management activities for your squad such as performance reviews, setting objectives and career growth plans
- Uphold the squad to the standards, processes and practises agreed to, and actively work to improve quality and accountability in the squad
- Work with CTO, Head of Engineering, Product Managers and other Engineering Leads to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios, and develop implementation plans accordingly
- Develop strong partnerships with product management, design and other key areas of the business as well as other engineering leaders
- Participate in technical design discussions and drive alignment within the team and outside of the team
- Act as individual contributor and participate technically to squad's output
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Over 5 years of working experience as software engineer
- Experience of 2+ years in leading a software engineering team either in a Team Lead or Manager role
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and coach team members and internal stakeholders
- Great time management skills and capability to handle change and context switching
- Understanding that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership
- Deep understanding of and belief in the engineering processes, product & vision
- Senior software engineering skills with expertise/ interest in working in a Ruby on Rails and/ or Ember.js environment
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Ability to write clear, concise, well-structured and understandable technical reference documentation
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Fair understanding of technology domains outside of your own expertise
- Experience managing, monitoring and troubleshooting production grade web applications
- Be physically located within European timezones
Seen as a good addition:
- Experience with SaaS applications and cloud deployments
- DevOps, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Solid knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database technologies
- Web Analytics
What we offer
- Personal budget for home office improvements
- Company hardware or monthly financial support for using your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Access to weekly yoga / fitness / meditation classes online
- Mental Health support
- Bi-annual company retreats