Who are we?
Horizon Union is a creator-first esports organisation operating in all aspects of the gaming industry. Specialising in influencer marketing, gaming, social media, content creation and esports; Horizon is one of the most exciting projects to come to the UK. Horizon Union is part of the Kairos Group, a globally leading gaming media group.
Who are you?
You are a passionate gaming advocate. You share a love for the gaming industry and are hungry to learn more in the space. The candidate has a deep understanding of the gaming social landscape. Working closely with the Horizon team, you will be responsible for everything social, whilst actively building the Horizon of tomorrow.
The role and what you’ll bring
A Love for Esports
Esports is at the core of Horizon; an understanding of the esports ecosystem and its social footprint is a necessity to succeed in this role. You will be responsible for the delivery of content throughout any and all tournaments which sees Horizon Union compete in (Apex Legends, FIFA and more).
The Freedom of Social
You’ll be responsible for the content creation, strategy execution and day-to-day management of all Horizon Union social mediums. Working in tandem with the team, you’ll be tasked with growing the brand, at its earliest stages of development on social media across Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and Shorts.
Creativity with Confidence
You are able to act quickly on social media; thinking on the spot is key. Able to bring a creative mindset with the delivery of creative activities, community management and showcasing Horizon Union in a creative frame. Being bold and assured is part of the job, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to own social media with confidence.
Strategy & Execution
You are able to develop a fully-fleshed social media strategy, factoring in all elements of the successes and developments of a brand. You’ll utilise this as a means of executing said strategy, continuously adapting and using opportune moments to evolve the brand on social.
What you’ll need to succeed…
- In-depth knowledge of the gaming industry - social media, organisations and creators in the space.
- Proven experience managing and growing large brands or equivalent social accounts across multiple platforms (Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram).
- A people-first approach, both noticeable at a staff and creator level. The job is not just social media, you will be meeting over 40+ creators!
- 2+ years of the relevant industry, brand, agency or organisation experience.
- 1+ years of social management experience.
- Extremely strong organisational skills.
- The ability to construct and execute social media strategies, whilst being capable of adapting said strategies as the social landscape evolves.
With the following responsibilities:
- Report to your line manager with regular social updates and any queries/issues.
- Oversee and manage the entire social strategy and implication across multiple channels and projects (including but not limited to; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok).
- Controlling and executing social calendars and various documents to collate creative ideas.
- Able and capable of producing creative concepts for dedicated activations on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Creating all social content and social creative output.
- Ability to write punchy, cutting and sometimes borderline controversial copy.
- Working with the team, to produce truly unrivalled social content, taking into account the various clients' desires and wants
- Regular contact with the client(s) to gain approval for ALL content.
- A natural-born memer (seriously).
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Kairos Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Kairos Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Kairos Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
M: 64% F:35% NB: 1%
London, Manchester, New York
What employees are saying
It’s great to see companies with a modern view on flexible working, wfh and not strict 9-5 (or more) hours Great work-life balance for me as a dad
Kairos Group Employee