3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager here at INSHUR. Our office is in sunny Brighton (with co-working space also available in London) and we work from the office twice a week, however, we understand that lives need a little flexibility so this might not always be the case. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, USA and the Netherlands.
We've got a great team of Engineers who work to deliver innovative and effective solutions to modern insurance problems. We have a positive and supportive culture and we are proud of the people we have. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our colleagues say!
We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
Supported by (and reporting to) the Head of Product, you'll be joining a friendly team of 9 who believe in customer focus and maximising value through quick iterations towards a strong vision.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for maximising the business value delivered by a full-stack product development team. Advocating an innovative and customer-focused business strategy, you will use creative thinking, data and reasoning to roadmap and prioritise work for the team with the aim of driving ambitious but sustainable growth. You’ll own and maintain a prioritised backlog of epics and business stories, driving clear and valuable requirements, working very closely with the development team, the head of product and various stakeholders.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have significant experience as a product manage/owner managing requirements for digital products (understanding API’s, Microservices, Frontend and UX) in agile environments
- Are passionate about translating strategic vision and priorities into actionable roadmaps and truly valuable features
- Are truly focused on delivering customer value not only by gathering and interpreting facts but also by differentiating needs and wants
- Have a track record of maximising business value through smart backlog management, MVP obsession and questioning ways of doing things
- See the wider business picture and excel at aligning your road map with key objectives
- Feel comfortable about managing stakeholders, and taking people on the journey with you
Your colleagues say you are:
- Pragmatic and able to think outside the box when dealing with complexity
- Customer centric in everything you do
- Extremely proactive and full of initiative
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs. We expect everyone to work from the office at least 4-5 times a month.
In terms of salary, your previous experience and expertise will be taken into account when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks parental leave at full pay regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
We provide everyone with a top spec Mac or Windows laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need to perform your job.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s developing further within the Product or moving into one another of our other high performing teams.
Following a successful Series B funding in 2021, which fuelled our ambitious growth plans and enabled us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, we are continuing to keep INSHUR at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 120 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. We have products and offices in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in beautiful Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and working under a hybrid-remote model (office and remote), which means we may occasionally ask you to join us on-site (either at co-working spaces or the office) for collaborative work or in-person meetings.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.