Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with loads of opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior DevDataOps Engineer to join us at INSHUR; we are based in sunny Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and we split our working between home and the office (hybrid working), which typically includes working from our Brighton office at least once a week. We prioritise face-to-face over remote work for planning and workshops, but welcome everyone working remotely when getting on with their work.
You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, New York and the Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand.
We've got a great team of Engineers who work to deliver innovative and effective solutions to modern insurance problems. We have a positive and supportive culture and we are proud of the people we have. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our colleagues say!
We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you’ll do
The Senior DevDataOps Engineer role serves to provide a valuable contribution to the Engineering department and ensure our effective ongoing support for the underlying INSHUR platform. The CloudOps team is responsible for the overarching framework which underpins our software development teams, with our collective goal being to deliver high quality INSHUR products to our customers.
The below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role. However, our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed above.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Subscribe to Infrastructure as Code principles and have experience withTerraform
- Can write Python and enjoy building bespoke tooling
- Know your way around a cloud platform whether it’s AWS, Azure or GCP
- Are familiar with service oriented/microservice based architecture.
- Are confident with logging, metrics, and monitoring systems, and understand the importance of insight and visibility into application behaviour and performance
- Understand the value of security without compromising on usability.
- Are interested shift-left data test practices
- Have experience with data engineering and data warehousing technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Snowflake
- Have familiarity with data pipelines and ETL processes
- Have knowledge of data modeling and data governance best practices
- Have a strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Have experience working with big data technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Have a good understanding of data security best practices and technologies such as encryption, masking, and tokenization
- Have experience with data quality, data validation and data testing frameworks
- Have an understanding of data privacy and regulatory compliance such as GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA
- Can analyze and monitor data quality, data lineage, and data governance
- Have a good understanding of data warehousing and data governance concepts.
- Have experience with data management platform and data cataloging
- Have a familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools
- Have an understanding of data governance principles and metadata management
- Have a strong analytical and problem-solving skills when working with large and complex data sets.
- Have a continuously learning mindset, stay current with the latest data management trends and best practices.
- Have experience working in a data-driven environment and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Understand that DevDataOps isn’t a role, but more a cross-team ethos
- Are passionate about technology and super keen on finding best way to solve complex problems
Your colleagues say you are:
- Pragmatic and known to be able to prioritise tasks well
- A collaborative team player
- Always supportive and helpful
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Managing Kubernetes at scale
- IAC best practices with Terraform
- CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Application and cloud security
- Managing an International platform
- Python tooling and services
- Monitoring and visibility
- Performance testing
- Building deployment tooling to support cross-functional projects
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is £80-110k and we will take into account any previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing.
Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- up to 13 weeks parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
We provide everyone with a top spec Mac or Windows laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need to perform your job.
Following a successful Series B funding in 2021, which fuelled our ambitious growth plans and enabled us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, we are continuing to keep INSHUR at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 110 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in the future.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options INSHUR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure INSHUR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at INSHUR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
"INSHUR offers everything I need, they are very flexible and not overly rigid with work hours as long as you are around for core hours."
Anonymous Data Scientist at INSHUR