3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a QA Engineer here at INSHUR; our office is in sunny Brighton and we try to get into the office once a week, however, we understand that lives need a little flexibility so this might not always be expected. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, USA and The Netherlands.
We've got a great team of Engineers who work to deliver innovative and effective solutions to modern insurance problems. We have a positive and supportive culture and we are proud of the people we have. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our colleagues say!
We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
Our QA Engineers are supported by and report to a Principal Engineer. The Principal Engineer will work alongside you and help you in your role, including mentoring to develop your skills and career.
What you'll do
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for helping INSHUR produce quality products and features. You'll have a genuine voice in how to improve our development and deployment pipelines, while helping to continuously improve our automation and champion quality using shift-left and shift-right best practices.
Below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role, don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Have an understanding of TDD / BDD and CI/CD methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Typescript or Java
- Understanding of testing for web applications and RESTful and GraphQL API services
- Know of any of the following technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, NodeJS, ReactJS, Spring, Terraform, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana, Mobile Development
- Have an understanding of good software development practices, e.g., Repository Management, Branching Strategies, Clean Code
- Knowledge of modern languages (Go, Scala, Clojure etc) is a plus.
Your colleagues say:
- You're diligent but pragmatic
- You understand when to automate and when not to
- You're happily pulling a strategy together, but you don't want to get away from the details day-to-day.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs. We expect everyone to work from the office at least 2-3 times a month.
Our budget for this role is £45k - £55k and we will take into account any previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks parental leave at full pay regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance of £500 and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
Following a successful Series B funding in 2021, which fuelled our ambitious growth plans and enabled us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, we are continuing to keep INSHUR at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 110 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. We have products and offices in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in beautiful Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and working under a hybrid-remote model (office and remote), which means we may occasionally ask you to join us on-site (either at co-working spaces or the office) for collaborative work or in-person meetings.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
We are currently unable to offer visa sponsorship, so you must be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK in order for your application to be successful.