Fully flexible hours
Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
Take overall responsibility for developing Infogrid’s growth strategy
- Flesh out long-term vision and direction, and get the business aligned behind it
- Develop overarching growth strategy and plan execution
- Keep a close eye on the competitive landscape and M&A opportunities, and use these to inform growth strategy
Use targeted expertise to support the business as it grows
- Provide strategic support and advice in the handling of critical business decisions, including product and international expansion
- Work with other teams to conduct or drive key pieces of analysis that deepen our understanding of the business and enable us to run it more effectively e.g., profitability by account or cohort
- Provide input into go-to-market, product and other strategies
- Own and drive selected new initiatives up to the point the business is ready to take them over
Ensure high-quality and consistent articulation of our strategy
- Support the development of materials for Board meetings and investment rounds, working closely with department heads and the rest of the business
What we think you need to be successful in this role
- Scale-up experience
- Proven ability to drive strategic thinking and to influence other teams without direct authority
- Examples of impact from growth strategy work (with an understanding of rapid scaling)
- Experience running a small strategy team
- High-degree of M&A fluency, both in terms of managing a process with outside advisors and in ensuring post-merger integration goes well (although there will also be some corporate finance expertise in Finance)
Nice to have:
- Experience in strategy role at a top tier strategy firm or similar (Associate/Junior Partner or similar)
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.
🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.