Fully flexible hours
Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
The rate at which we are integrating new hardware partners into our ecosystem is accelerating and we are looking for an experienced Associate Director / Head of Procurement to transform the way we kickstart and maintain such relationships. Reporting to the Director of Deployment & Supply Chain, this role will work closely with functions throughout the business to quarterback the procurement process and develop sustainable, long-term commercial partnerships. The role is important, with weighty responsibilities. The effectiveness of our world-class software solutions starts with the devices that generate the data on which our platform relies.
Our partner ecosystem is the source of those devices and data. We are looking for an independent, self-starter with deep experience in global hardware and services procurement (we buy sensors from all over). On a daily basis, you will lead and negotiate procurement contracts to expand and solidify our supply base. You will work with other functions to ensure our contracts adequately reflect the needs of other parts of the business and are properly operationalised once closed.
The role will also require you to take a step back and create, facilitate, and implement an overall procurement strategy, working particularly closely with Product Hardware. You will need to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the sensor market and the forces at play. In addition, you will need to critically assess our procurement processes for continuous improvement, standardisation, and automation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for procurement and an insatiable desire to strive for impact.
- Extensive experience in hardware procurement & sourcing
- The plasticity to both create a holistic procurement strategy and to dive into execution details to drive impact
- Strong negotiation fundamentals with clear examples of negotiations successes in multi-million dollar deals
- Experience in closing and managing complex, multi-year hardware and software contracts (e.g., warranties, SLAs, pricing)
- Ability to influence and work with both internal and external stakeholders to create a cohesive message and to solve differences to arrive at and drive a common vision
- Ensure cross-team priorities and activities are aligned with the toolkit to drive multi-stakeholder, complex projects to completion
- Ability to quickly understand and generate an in-depth understanding of the sensor market and future trends (if not already)
Nice to haves
- Startup/scale-up experience
- Experience in IoT specifically
- A passion for sustainability
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.