We are a British metaverse technology company that builds interconnected, immersive virtual worlds. Our technology, expertise, creativity and services help partners – including entertainment companies, game creators and public institutions – realise their ambitions in the metaverse.
It is our strong belief that the metaverse is an opportunity for positive change. It will help communities connect and exchange at scale, and evolve how we work, play and create. At Improbable, you’ll be surrounded by people motivated to solve the hard challenges that enable us to bring these transformative worlds to life and shape the future.
As a Technical Writer at Improbable, you’ll be integral in making sure that our Community has the information and resources they need to use our technology successfully.
This will be a 3-month rolling contract.
- Depending on what’s needed, you’ll write, improve, maintain, review, and delete documentation, in collaboration with engineers across the company, QA, and product managers. We have a strong culture of developers contributing to our docs, so collaborating with developers on what they write is a big part of the job.
- You’ll also keep a close eye on user feedback, and use it to prioritise what technical writing work we should do next and to advocate for improvements to our technology.
Why You're Made for This
- Excellent English written communication skills.
- Passion for learning about complex technical topics and explaining them clearly (ideally in writing).
- Review other people’s writing and give constructive feedback skills in thinking about/understanding the audience you’re writing for.
- Experience writing developer documentation.
- Understanding of the technical domain.
- Previously writing technical documentation for Metaverse or Games Technologies.
The following would also be advantageous:
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.
Life at ImprobableDiversity, inclusion and belonging
We asked employees of Improbable how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Improbable
Spitalfields, London (next to Liverpool Street Station)