3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
We are Digital Growth Specialists helping ambitious global brands push boundaries. We define and deliver integrated digital strategies that transform our clients from market players to market leaders. As we embark on our 8th year of accelerated growth we’re looking for experienced Senior L&D Specialist to drive the agency forward.
Our agency wouldn’t be what it is today without our incredible people. Our diverse team encompasses expertise across the digital landscape which enables us to accelerate change and results, driving business growth faster. Our collaborative, creative and inclusive culture helps build our reputation as a leading digital employer and we are committed to nurturing and developing people to their full potential.
Recognising that we are a part of something much bigger, we’re on a mission to use business as a force for good. We’re actively committed to creating a positive impact for our people, planet and community.
Are you passionate about helping individuals to develop and creating best in class training? We are looking for a Senior L&D Specialist to join the People Team at Impression, to design and develop our internal development programme. This will be our first role purely focused on learning and development and is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to come in to a business and make a learning impact. This role would be responsible for designing and delivering behavioural training across the business, as well as coordinating technical training and creating learning pathways. They will work closely with the People Director to determine the L&D strategy. We have ambitions to create an industry leading training academy in the short-medium term, and they would also be responsible for developing and commercialising this.
- Design and deliver all of Impression’s behavioural training, including line manager training
- Act as a coach to line managers and individuals who require behavioural coaching across the business
- Identify training needs across the business and provide solutions to address these, particularly focusing on behavioural and leadership training
- Run the internal training programme (both behavioural and technical) and track data on attendance and learning outcomes
- Oversee the allocation of the technical training budget and ensure it is being used appropriately and fairly within each department
- Coordinate knowledge transfer internally following company investments into individual trainings
- Work closely with the Heads of Performance to support technical training delivery
- Support and coach individuals who are running technical training sessions to develop their training skills, through “train the trainer” coaching and training
- Own the quarterly performance management process
- Design and deliver a PDP process, which can work in tandem with our company-wide performance management/development process
- Support the delivery and development of an early careers programme (including apprenticeships if applicable)
- Lead on L&D as a client service - developing a best in class programme that could be externally marketed
- You will be a passionate learning and development advocate
- You will have impactful coaching skills
- You will have a genuine interest in people development
- You will be able to deliver engaging training sessions to a business
- You will have experience of designing learning content and demonstrating ROI
- You will have great stakeholder management skills - this role will work very closely with our Heads of Performance and Heads of Department to identify learning needs
- You will have great energy and role model our culture and values
- You will be committed to inclusivity within learning and development
Not ticking all the boxes? Don't worry, here at Impression we promote a culture of learning and development so we'll help you out! There is research to suggest that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for roles in which they don’t meet 100% of the requirements but at Impression we want to ensure everyone is encouraged to apply with us. Equity, diversity and inclusion are integral to Impression’s recruitment process and we are committed to ensuring your experience with us is equal, fair and non-discriminatory.
What makes us different?
We are proud to be listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®. Alongside our amazing culture, here's what else makes us standout as a great employer:
- Competitive salary – verified by an external salary benchmarking company £41,000- £49,000 DOE
- Flexible working options - as per ways of working charter
- Private medical insurance with access to EAP
- Enhanced sick pay - 8 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay in 12 month period
- Access to HelloSelf, a virtual therapy platform
- Enhanced parental leave
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holiday
- Life leave – when something unexpected happens in your life and you need some paid leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Eye-care vouchers
- Opportunity to save on and spread the cost of new tech through Techscheme
- Budget for books, tools and software
- Tea and coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A full social calendar with a budget per person and 1 social event per month
- Summer and Christmas party (off-site)
- Chance to attend national and international conferences
- Top Apple equipment to use at work
- Savings on bikes and accessories through Cyclescheme
- Perkbox membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- The usual agency stuff – office dogs, drinks fridge, ping pong and foosball
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.