3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
We are Digital Growth Specialists helping ambitious global brands push boundaries. We define and deliver integrated digital strategies that transform our clients from market players to market leaders. As we embark on our 8th year of accelerated growth we’re looking for a Digital Growth Manager to help drive the agency forward.
Our agency wouldn’t be what it is today without our incredible people. Our diverse team encompasses expertise across the digital landscape which enables us to accelerate change and results, driving business growth faster. Our collaborative, creative and inclusive culture helps build our reputation as a leading digital employer and we are committed to nurturing and developing people to their full potential.
Recognising that we are a part of something much bigger, we’re on a mission to use business as a force for good. We’re actively committed to creating a positive impact for our people, planet and community.
The Digital Growth Manager (DGM) sits in the Growth Team which is part of the New Business Department. You will work alongside the Head of Growth and other members of the Growth Team to successfully drive the growth of the agency via new commercial opportunities.
The DGM will own a FY23 annual sales target of £750k of new business revenue and delivers this by identifying, pitching and winning high value opportunities. These include some of the UK’s most exciting and high-growth brands that require a combination of services to achieve their growth ambition.
You will work independently and in partnership with Impression’s performance teams to craft industry-leading pitches and responses to briefs, in order to convert these opportunities into new clients for the agency.
To our prospects, the DGM is a highly strategic and capable marketer helping to install confidence at every single touch point throughout the prospect's sales cycle. To Impression, the DGM is a highly commercial, sales-driven and process-orientated individual who can deliver against our 50% pitch to win target.
Team, Process & Training Management
- Create indsutry-leading work to win new clients for the agency. This will require strong project management and people management skills in order to work on multiple pitches concurrently, with different ptich teams involved on different pitches.
- Ensure the company maintains an accurate forecast and provides detailed reporting by championing the use of Impression’s CRM and obsessing over data quality.
- Be responsible for reporting on your own performance and work alongside the Head of Growth to deliver accurate department performance to the Management team.
- Champion the use of initiatives and processes within the Growth Team and across the agency to ensure we generate the highest value opportunity from each prospect and maintain an pitch conversion rate of over 50%.
- Provide regular feedback to the Growth Team and to others across the business to identify opportunities for improvement to our approach to New Business.
- Be able to identify areas of inefficiency in your own weekly/monthly workload and work independently and with other members of the team to correct this, remembering that your main goal is to own and win as many of Impression’s largest opportunities as possible.
- Be an expert when it comes to delegation, particularly to more junior members of the team but upwards as well, attempting to ensure that your time is used as efficiently as possible.
- Position yourself as an expert in all things growth and on Impression’s pitching process.
- Work towards building Impression’s reputation within the industry either through supporting the Marketing function of building our own personal brand through thought leadership, social influence and/or public speaking.
- Own entirely the conversations and pitch process for Impression’s high-value opportunities with million pound budgets. These are often established high street retailers, digital-first brands or well-funded start-ups. They can be looking for support on one channel or across many. However, all are in search of growth and require an exceptional level of service.
- Capably liaise with a range of client stakeholders from assistants to C-level executives whilst representing the high standards Impression is known for. You challenge briefs when necessary and help to position Impression as a truly unique and expert growth partner.
- Hold an extensive understanding of all performance marketing channels as well as a wider knowledge of general marketing strategy to ensure Impression can provide an expert-lead response to briefs.
- Can understand the most complex briefs and can ask the right questions to help interrogate the brief in order to pull out the most valuable insights to help educate our proposal.
- Be able to use first-party (GA, Ads) and third-party (SEMrush, Searchmetrics etc) data sets to understand a client’s historical and current position in the market and identify opportunities for growth in that market.
- Provide the highest level of service and the best customer experience in all pitch processes that you manage, ensuring every client is wowed by their experience with us during pitch processes.
- Being a positive and motivational leader is essential! You will be the ultimate arbitrator of the quality of each pitch proposal. You must be confident and experienced in giving both positive and constructive feedback to teams to ensure deadlines and quality expectations are met.
- Demonstrate commercial astuteness when discussing clients' businesses and business conditions, showing that you acutely understand their business model and how Impression can use their experience and expertise to achieve their objectives.
- Work continuously to improve your subject knowledge in each of Impression’s areas of service and your understanding of how those areas interact with each other.
- A confident negotiator with experience in achieving outcomes that align with Impression’s commercial interests.
- Understand the basics of contract law and be competent when navigating commercial and contractual discussions with prospective clients.
- Own the new client onboarding process from end to end, ensuring the client experiences the very best start to the partnership with a smooth handover to Impression’s Client Success team.
- Own Impression’s tender process, monitoring performance and delivering responses to RFP and Tender requests. Continuously seek to improve the process and in turn, the quality of the responses that Impression is able to deliver.
Not ticking all the boxes? Don't worry, here at Impression we promote a culture of learning and development so we'll help you out! There is research to suggest that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for roles in which they don’t meet 100% of the requirements but at Impression we want to ensure everyone is encouraged to apply with us. Equity, diversity and inclusion are integral to Impression’s recruitment process and we are committed to ensuring your experience with us is equal, fair and non-discriminatory.
What makes us different?
We are proud to be listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®. Alongside our amazing culture, here's what else makes us standout as a great employer:
- Competitive salary – verified by an external salary benchmarking company, £27,500
- Flexible working options - as per ways of working charter
- Private medical insurance with access to EAP
- Enhanced sick pay - 8 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay in 12 month period
- Access to HelloSelf, a virtual therapy platform
- Enhanced parental leave
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holiday
- Life leave – when something unexpected happens in your life and you need some paid leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Eye-care vouchers
- Opportunity to save on and spread the cost of new tech through Techscheme
- Budget for books, tools and software
- Tea and coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A full social calendar with a budget per person and 1 social event per month
- Summer and Christmas party (off-site)
- Chance to attend national and international conferences
- Top Apple equipment to use at work
- Savings on bikes and accessories through Cyclescheme
- Perkbox membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- The usual agency stuff – office dogs, drinks fridge, ping pong and foosball
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.