Core hours 11 - 3
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Frontend Engineer role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech, and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration, and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And now, we’re building an exciting new B2C proposition that will see us partner with travel metasearch engines, so we’re building a talented squad of engineers to build experiences that make travel better for everyone.
We’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks - so you can work the way that’s best for you. We're proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London's best startups to work at in 2022, one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021. Now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
As a frontend engineer you will build, enhance and maintain our customer-facing products
- Be a key contributor to new frontend services, ensuring a high level of quality for both our code and our user experience.
- Analyse and optimise (be that UX, performance, security) new and existing features to continually improve our products.
- Work closely with design to create an enjoyable user experience.
- Build out your own backend services where necessary and be fully capable across the stack
- Comfortable working closely with product owners, designers, UX experts and the ability to translate their designs/requirements into maintainable, componentised UIs.
- Highly technical. You’re going to be working in a highly technical environment.
- Collaborative. The engineering model at Impala isn’t built around “Rockstars that know everything” but rather around team players that are willing to lend a hand and help more junior colleagues.
- Someone who is passionate about customer experience and building high quality maintainable software.
- Strong ability with ReactJS and good knowledge of JS fundamentals
- Have experience with the design and consumption of REST APIs
- NodeJS / TypeScript experience (a bonus not a requirement)
Salary: £65k - £70k depending on experience
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you. We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT/BST, timezone wise and based either in Europe or the UK for now (expanding globally in the future).
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture
Please note that we are not looking for agency support for this position.