Fully flexible hours
Let us introduce ourselves
Humn is transforming the insurance industry by connecting data to make insurance smarter. We apply machine learning to traditional insurance models to create data-driven solutions for real world fleet manager, driver and automated vehicle challenges. Humn creates accurate risk models that evolve in real-time and are driven by our mission to create safer roads worldwide. In fact, we have already reduced client accidents by up to 65%.
When we say flexible, we mean it
If you are sick of the always-on culture, come and join a next-gen company who was named the 4th most flexible work environment globally by Flexa.com. Some of our humns live and travel in campervans, others ski in the mornings and work in the evenings...You do whatever works for you as long as you can support your team’s goals. You have a monthly health and wellbeing fund to spend as you like, 16-weeks paid parental leave (and flexible return-to-work paths), unlimited personal leave, a global remote-first structure with co-working, dog friendly, comfortable spaces. Can even design your own home workspace through our Hofy app.
- You will be an essential part of an award-winning venture-backed and rapidly growing InsurTech.
- If you are looking to make a mark in your career with an excellent opportunity for learning and growth - this is the perfect opportunity. We are growing at pace, we move fast, and we encourage all Humns to work autonomously with the support of experienced founders who have done this before.
- You will make a difference by building and deploying microservices for IoT data
- Creation of reusable data models
- Building API services to integrate with data providers
- Design of data service and data integration frameworks
- Release testing and productionising new components
Are these some of your potential superpowers?
- You have Golang development experience of at least 2 years
- You worked before with Kubernetes as a developer including containerisation of apps, and service and deployment definition
- AWS Lambda function development and integration with other cloud services
- API service implementation using AWS API Gateway Service, GraphQL and REST
- AWS DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases from a data design and integration perspectives
- Strong automation mindset and a passion for root cause analysis
- You have expertise in performance tuning and service monitoring
- Good communicator
- An eagerness to learn
- Good explainer: can make the complex simple
You’ll be willing to learn or develop:
- AWS Security, including IAM, SecretsManager, KMS and Cognito
- SQS, Kafka or MQTT
- Modern data warehousing (Hive, Kylin or Presto)
- Elasticsearch and Prometheus
So… are you ready to become Superhumn?
Are you ready to solve problems that have never been solved before? At Humn, you’re empowered to let your talent drive change. Take your place in the pioneering team transforming and disrupting the dated insurance industry by connecting data to make insurance smarter.
We’ll invest in and nurture your personal and professional growth, so you can focus on being curious and creative. Bring your unique perspective to the table and challenge the biases by egolessly seeking diverse and clever ways to solve hard problems. It’s your time to become Superhumn!
We have a maximum 4 step, faster than most interview process, the first step starts with a simple chat. So, what are you waiting for?