Hubble is the future of work, pushing every day to improve the working lives of people all over the world.
By equipping businesses with the tools they need to satisfy the growing demand for flexibility, we deliver workplace experiences that work for all, whether it’s a full-time office by the month or access to on-demand workspaces in close to 1,000 locations worldwide.
Join us as we make hybrid working easy and accessible to all.
What we're looking for
We're looking for an engineering manager who has strong people and technical skills to join us at Hubble as we scale. You will be accountable for guiding our engineers along their career paths and identifying and helping debug team-level processes and bottlenecks. You should be passionate about helping other engineers become the best versions of themselves, and view yourself as a force multiplier.
The ideal person for this will have previous management experience, either formally or informally and will have a strong sense of empathy.
Our team prides itself on a healthy work-life balance. We try to keep our work fun and engaging, but we end our days on time and keep weekends to ourselves. We deeply value career growth and offer dedicated in-work time for education and regular hack days.
Engineering managers at Hubble are responsible for a team of up to 8 product engineers. They report to the Head of Engineering (Simon). We do not expect EMs to code on a regular basis, however previous experience as a software engineer is expected.
- You will manage a team in London of up to eight software engineers, ranging in level from junior to senior, and will report to the Head of Engineering.
- You will not be expected to code, but you should have enough technical experience to be able to articulate and reason about system design at a high level.
- Build trust and provide clarity around your team's mission to enable you to succeed together.
- You will join other managers to collaborate on ways of working and improving the developer experience for the organisation.
- We believe that a key ingredient to a high-performing team is its passion for achieving its mission. With help from the team's tech lead, the EM is critical to building excitement and clarity around the team's vision. They should have an ability to express business value and needs in a language that engages engineers
- Enabling cross-functional collaboration to ensure product development is a collaborative effort with the PM and UX designer.
- A strong sense of empathy, be a great listener and have the ability to build trust. We want someone who is passionate and excited. They should want to change the world for good as part of a start-up
- Deep understanding of the software development process, as well as familiarity with full-stack development, and the process and procedures that enable a full-stack engineer to succeed.
Hubble prides itself as a high-quality employer, with a consistent 5-star Glassdoor rating and a team NPS score of 80+. We won Property Week’s Best Places to Work twice a row across four categories.
We ensure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours and remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holidays; our focus is on outcomes, not output. Benefits can be tweaked individually depending on what makes you most productive.
We practice what we preach: Hubble works hybrid. You can work from our main office for face-to-face collaboration and interaction with your colleagues. You can also work from anywhere, whether that's your own home or one of the many spaces available in London, across the UK, and around the world on Hubble Pass.
In addition to all that, we offer the following:
- Private medical insurance through Vitality
- Access to therapy services through Spill
- Quarterly away days and regular social events
- Equipment to make your home office a comfortable and healthy working environment, including a MacBook and peripherals
- Monthly allowance for music and video services (such as Spotify, Netflix, or Apple Music)
- Kindle Unlimited, plus access to educational materials to keep your skills sharp
- All the basics you'd expect: competitive salary, equity options, and pension contributions
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Hubble provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Hubble is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Hubble
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
26: 28 (M:F)
241 Southwark Bridge Road, SE1 6FP
What employees are saying
They practice what they preach, allowing employees to work from home, from one of their offices on the platform or from their HQ office. It's really great to have those options. As long as you deliver, you can work your own way and it also feeds productivity!