Hey, I'm Ashish, the CTO and Co-Founder at HowNow.
We're often looking to grow our Ruby on Rails team, and are always interested in hearing from great talent with the relevant experience.
We don't have a role open right now, but if you'd be interested in joining the team share your CV with us. We will review your skills and experience and reach out to you when we're ready to hire for this role. We'll also occasionally you relevant content from what's happening in the team.
Have a read below to find out a bit more about how we're changing the world of learning...
Our mission is to make meaningful learning a part of your everyday work! 🧠
The shelf life of our skills is now less than 5 years. So, if you stopped learning today, you’d soon end up irrelevant. Think that’s a big problem? You’d be right.
Enter HowNow. Founded in 2019, this is the problem our Learning Experience Platform is solving. It’s disrupting the way people learn and grow at work through technology. Whether it's finding a quick answer, building a skill, or tapping into shared knowledge, we make it easy for people to learn what they need, when they need it.
On the back of our Series-A funding, the next stage of our ambitious journey begins. Already used by fast-growing scale-ups and global enterprises, such as Checkout.com, Depop and Investec, we’re pushing the boundaries of how people learn.
Day-to-day tasks would include 📩
- You'll develop new full-stack features, working closely with the Product Manager and other members of the development team to turn customer needs into working features.
- You'll design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in Ruby on Rails.
- You'll contribute to architectural discussions amongst the team, including helping to decide if and when we should adopt new technologies and methodologies.
- You'll Perform code reviews to ensure that we maintain a high-quality codebase.
- You'll Excel in an agile environment with quick iterations
The key things that we will be looking for in applicants 🔑
- You have 3-5 years of experience developing scalable and robust web applications using Ruby on Rails
- You have strong experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration, Capistrano)
- You have an analytical mind with a passion for solving problems, great attention to detail and and being constantly curious.
- You are able to manage your tasks and work autonomously as well as collaboratively on bigger projects.
- A thorough understanding of software security and experience leading teams is a strong advantage
What you’ll get
💰 A competitive salary and performance based bonus - let's have a chat about it.
🏡 A flexible approach to hybrid working (we're in 3x a week) and working hours
💆 Wind-down Fridays. No meetings from 3:00 pm - 7:30pm on Fridays, for you to wind down for the weekend.Read about how some of the team spend their Fridays here
🏖️ Workcations. We try to get our Mumbai and UK teams together to brainstorm in person over a company retreat. We’ve previously met in Goa, Turkey, and Copenhagen
💡 Access to the very best learning platform out there (HowNow+) to keep you at the top of your game
📚 An annual £200 learning and development budget
🌴 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
💰 An enhanced employee pension scheme
🤩 Monthly socials and Team Dinner which have included Bounce, Mystery Rooms, ITC Maratha, and JW Marriot and many more
🐶 Dog friendly offices
We asked employees of HowNow how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at HowNow
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
Shoreditch, London and Mumbai, India