Fully flexible hours
hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for mid-level and senior UX /UI Designers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
Design is at the core of our business and as a part of our growing Design team, you will be working with a wide range of diverse clients, projects and product types. Ranging from exciting start-ups through to well known Blue chip enterprise organisations.
From design sprints to full Project delivery, our designers play a crucial role in the success of our clients, and their users products. Be part of a web established passionate and knowledgeable design team, that continues to grow and learn together.
Must have requirements
- Have a strong passion and talent for all things digital, and you are able to inspire your teammates with a fresh perspective.
- Are on top of contemporary practices and techniques, eager to try new things out and share with your peers and wider colleagues.
- Are self motivated and driven to keep the momentum and pace up on multiple project works.
- Understand the value of feedback / testing, have good interpersonal skills, and are a good listener and observer of situations.
- Love design!
- Meet client and user requirements as well as validating (or disproving) client assumptions.
- Analyse research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into your design direction.
- Create user-flows, wireframes, Hi-Lo fidelity prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs using tools such as Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Principle.
- Iterate on your ideas and designs based on user input, iterative research and feedback from the wider team.
- Work well with other designers, developers and product managers to build successful digital products for a wide range of clients.
- Experience of working in sprints (agile) and can plan your design work accordingly
- An understanding of web and native technologies and the differences between them.
- Reasoned and analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to voice your opinion for a given design decision.
- A continued passion and willingness to continue learning about design as a discipline.
- Have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience
- Have strong reference-able experience in native app design
- Be able to example and explain your contribution to projects you showcase when interviewed
- Be adaptable and a strong generalist, the role will be demanding and so are our clients.
- Be prepared to be a recognised, vocal team player and fit into our diverse culture and company.
- Be ready for a challenge.
What We Offer
Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing services.
- Monthly payday socials and annual Summer and Christmas parties.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and
creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we
don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Holly Orange, Talent Acquisition Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility.
We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure
that they’re in line with this statement.