Remote-first - with co-working space
A little flex time
Healios is a leading digital healthcare company, bringing the whole family together to maximise long-term outcomes and wellbeing. At Healios our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
POSITION: Full Time
LOCATION: Flexible Remote, with regular visits in London HQ
SALARY: Competitive, depending on experience
We reimagine the way children, young people, and adults access and receive mental health services by blending the best of technology with specialised clinical expertise and a personal human connection. At Healios, we transform mental health and neurodevelopmental services by providing quicker access to assessment, faster access to evidence-based psychological therapies, and earlier intervention to create a unique online experience – healthcare that fits around the lifestyle and circumstance of the family to get the right care when and where they need it.
We are an organisation that allows our staff to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health issues and emotional wellbeing services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. Our teams are friendly, focused and passionate about making a positive difference to our patients and their families.
We encourage our teams to constantly push for better outcomes and we embrace change to assist in the development of the company. Everyone’s input and opinion matters to us and we work in an environment where this is encouraged.
- Manage a team of talented software engineers, ensuring they are operating in an environment that enables them to be their best. You should care deeply about the satisfaction and engagement across the team and creating opportunities for people to grow
- Work closely with a product manager within a cross functional team to ensure the team is focused on the right goals and challenges which improve the lives of clinicians at Healios and beyond
- Ensure effective technical decision making. You will make sure we have the right structure to enable autonomy and quality of decisions and direction
- Enable consistent, high quality and high velocity software delivery
- Contribute to the systematic improvements of the wider engineering team. They may be related to people management, development processes, technical standards and implementation, or anything else that helps us build great software
- Liaise with other engineering managers and peers across the organisation, ensuring effective alignment and collaboration
- Join a startup that ultimately aims to improve lives for children and families
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- Experience building and developing high quality software at speed using modern development practices
- A deep desire to develop and grow people , and a strong understanding of how to do this. Previous management experience would be nice to have, but is not essential
- A desire to become part of a collaborative environment and share knowledge and learning for the benefit of all
- A curious mind-set that underpins your continuous drive to challenge the status quo for achieving better outcomes
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers, direct reports and stakeholders across the business in both written and oral form. This will include technical and non-technical audiences
- A commitment to ethical practice and adherence to the highest standards of safeguarding of adults/children
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN YOUR FIRST 3 MONTHS?
- You have built strong relationships with everyone in your team, peers and key stakeholders across the organisation. You have a good understanding of their needs and pain points.
- You have a strong grasp of the people, product and software development processes in your team.
- You have worked closely with your product manager and stakeholders to ensure there are clear goals for your team which the team have effectively delivered against with high quality and efficiency.
- You have proactively raised impediments to the effectiveness of your team and beyond, and are working with relevant stakeholders to identify and rollout solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday Holiday – one extra day per year
- Extra Leave – buy up to two weeks of additional leave
- Flexible working, ideally with 1-2 days per week working from our office near King’s Cross, London
- Enhanced Maternity package – which includes an additional benefit of a 3 month phased return to work paid to full salary
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Professional Development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Work laptop
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.