Remote-first - with Co-working space
A little flex time
POSITION: Full-time Exempt, (Fully Remote)
We’re on a journey to find a mission-driven, experienced, and highly passionate Director of People Operations to join our growing US Team at Meliora Health, a part of Healios - the UK's largest growing digital, remote, behavioral healthcare provider.
9 years ago, we began our quest as a pioneer, providing digitally-led, fully remote, comprehensive behavioral healthcare services for children and adolescents in the UK, which has provided more than 100,000 online sessions and more than 27,000 referrals to date, becoming the UK's largest specialist of behavioral healthcare service for children and teens.
At Meliora Health, we feel passionately about bringing our successful, digital technology healthcare model to the US market, delivering innovative "better" care through our proprietary and proven digital care platform, which includes video-calling capabilities as well as specially designed interactive clinical tools to make it fun and engaging for the child or teen within each session. Family members can also join the sessions remotely, even from different locations, to ensure a family-based experience is made possible for better clinical outcomes. This platform experience is coupled with our in-house training academy to help our clinicians grow and service our patients!
The Director of People Operations oversees the Human Resource (HR) functions for the US team, including the implementation of HR operational strategies, analysis of business information, and collaborates with the leadership team in driving business initiatives. In this role, you will proactively engage in team member relations, oversee staffing and professional development activities, manage programs, policies, and procedures in support of our culture, and work strategically with our UK team to ensure alignment. With outstanding people skills, you will draw upon your knowledge and understanding of US HR regulations, accepted professional standards, policies, procedures and legislations to make confident leadership decisions to support and drive the US Business’ success!
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Develop and execute a plan for providing strategic people operations oversight for the US team that aligns with company values, business strategy and commitments. This entails partnering with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review making recommendations for improvements
- Have a passion for supporting others, be able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills while leading with empathy and integrity.
- Collaborate with leadership to establish and maintain HR processes with a continuous drive to challenge the status quo to achieve better outcomes.
- Evaluate and forecast strategic approaches as the US business grows
- Demonstrate team member advocacy and develop a reputation as an approachable HR professional serving all team members
- Mediate employee relations matters, manage all performance evaluation and career development processes for all team members, and collaborate with leadership on talent management, team member development, training, and succession planning initiatives
- Oversee recruiting and onboarding for the US team, ensuring a culturally driven talent acquisition and new hire onboarding experience.
- Design, revise, and communicate HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws governing employment
- Implement Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion approaches throughout the US team
- Oversee and monitor HR metrics (e.g., turnover, headcount, retention, team member risk)
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
- 5-8 years of HR generalist or Manager experience, with 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations, Talent Management, Performance Management, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of multiple HR competencies including Succession Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, EEO/AA, Organizational Development, Leadership Development and Employee Education.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Ability to integrate within the culture of the company through partnering with organizational leaders throughout.
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive process to successful implementation.
- Experience working the "soft side" of HR including developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork, and open communication at all levels
GREAT TO HAVE
- Experience working in a similar industry and/or with mental health services via telehealth to children/adolescents
- Experience in start up environment and fast-scaling companies
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- Flexible, remote role where you can work from the comfort of your home or office (on the Eastern Time Zone) and create and manage your schedule
- PTO Allowance of 15 Days, your birthday, plus 10 federal holidays
- 56 hours of paid sick leave per year
- 2 days of Life Leave per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
- Flexible, home based role
- Company laptop
- Continued Professional Development/Growth day per year, plus personal development allowance to invest in your growth
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
BACKGROUND CHECKS AND PRIVACY OF DATA
Meliora Health (Healios) conducts pre-offer employment reference checks and post-offer background checks in accordance with State and Federal law. We will ask that you provide at least two professional references at a minimum, and depending the role within the business, we will also conduct either an enhanced or basic background check post-offer as a condition of employment.
As a UK owned company, by applying for a position in the US, your personal data will be held within our data processors currently stored within the EEA (Dublin) and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
MELIORA HEALTH'S COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At Meliora Health, we believe that changing the lives of children and their families requires every single person, no matter the race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are committed to equal opportunity in all parts of our business and are dedicated to creating a diverse team. That being said, we encourage all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.
PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.