Remote-first - with co-working space
A little flex time
The Commercial Director will lead and develop our Growth teams made up of Marketing, Sales, Brand Experience & Design, Communications & PR and Account Management & Partnerships. In partnership with your teams and cross functional departments within Healios, you will shape the UK strategy, goto-market and operational plans to ensure the company’s UK high growth ambitions are achieved.
POSITION: Full time, Permanent
LOCATION: Home based
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower patients and families affected by mental health, autism and ADHD conditions to support long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home.
We are a workplace that knows our people are our most important asset. We are committed to making Healios a place where employees can be themselves, do their best work, and thrive. We’re a culture of innovators and achievers and we’re happiest when we’re creating the future. We are an organisation that empowers our exceptional talent to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health and neurodevelopment services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. You can find out more about us by clicking here!
The Commercial Director reports to the Managing Director UK and is accountable for delivering the UK growth ambitions. The Commercial Director will lead and develop the commercial departments of Marketing, Sales, Brand Experience & Design, Communications & PR and Account Management & Partnerships. In partnership with your teams and cross functional departments within Healios, you will shape the UK strategy, goto-market and operational plans to ensure the company’s UK high growth ambitions are achieved. You will collaborate with various stakeholder groups to ensure we maintain a winning value proposition which delivers on the needs of children, young people and their family in line with Healios’ purpose and strategic goals - such as people with lived experience of mental health difficulties and neurodiverse conditions, NHS decision makers, local governments, third and private sector organisations and internal stakeholders. This role will be named as "Growth Director" once appointed.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- The opportunity to lead and develop a multidisciplinary team of professionals creating an environment where diversity is celebrated, and people are encouraged to utilise their skills and capabilities to achieve their full potential
- Responsibility of leading the strategic and operational planning cycle to deliver both our short-term Objectives & Key Results and long-term Strategy
- Responsibility for those aspects within the commercial directorate which impact the company’s financial metrics including the business model, contracting, pricing, negotiations, sales and OPEX
- Through deep understanding of customer beliefs and behaviours, the opportunity to scope and develop leading value propositions across a range of portfolio products and multiple health conditions, covering full brand development initiatives from brand naming, essence, creative and design through to brand tone of voice, messaging, positioning and pricing
- Opportunity to input into Healios Labs Research & Development initiatives to help shape the development of new and pioneering pipeline innovations to ensure these address customer unmet needs and have a clear value proposition and go to market strategy for commercial success
- A collaborative culture where curiosity creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests, including supporting international growth initiatives
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the children, young people and families we support
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- Real passion for supporting people living with mental health difficulties and neurodiverse conditions
- A curious mind-set with the courage and conviction to take calculated risk, without compromising quality
- Track-record with 10 plus years of commercial success, leading and developing people across various commercial departments with a minimum of 2nd level reporting line
- Track-record and demonstrable success of growing top-line revenue growth and demonstrable success of driving depth within customer accounts
- Versatile self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set who can work autonomously and has the drive and resilience to deliver month on month growth within a fast past, dynamic organisation
- Passion for delivering continuous value and improvement for customers, creating an unrivalled experience through a deep understanding of customer needs, drivers, beliefs and behaviours, translating this into product &/or service offerings which are underpinned by scalable and compounding business models
- Significant experience and expertise in all aspects of strategic marketing competencies, developing go to market strategies, building trusted and credible brands evidenced through qualitative and quantitative measures such as NPS
- Proven success in scaling existing business models which yield improved gross margin and building new commercial business models for accelerated growth and profitability
- Excellent influencer with a high degree of emotional intelligence, able to make decisions even though you may not have all the data or insights you would ideally like
- Analytical, with experience of synthesising complex data about the market environment, customer beliefs and behaviours and turning these into compelling value propositions which meet the needs of children, young people and their family
- Ability to think on your feet when a difficult conversation or situation arises and can provide solutions that will have an acceptable outcome for all stakeholders. Within this you must be able to understand and translate our services and products, and consider how your actions impact on them.
- Credibility, presence and charisma, confident in liaising with people at all levels of an organisation from C suite to front line
GREAT TO HAVE
- Working in start-up or triple digit growth organisations
- Experience of developing and scaling companies from Series A through to IPO or acquisition
- Executive level experience working with C suite and board level stakeholders to clearly and articulately gain buy in and approval for your proposals
- Experience of working within health technology industry selling digitally enabled services into the NHS, local authorities or private sector
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.