Remote-first - Work from anywhere
A little flex time
Immerse yourself in cutting-edge UK technology, helping big ideas become the next big thing!
Are you looking to work in a thriving team with ambitious goals? Are you yearning to develop at top speed? Do you see yourself at the heart of British innovation, mingling with the country’s latest and greatest founders?
If so, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in grants, R&D tax credits and loans. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to join our client acquisition team.
That’s where you come in!
As our new Sales Development Representative, you’ll play a pivotal role in creating new business opportunities, identifying leads, structuring email campaigns, cold calling, and booking meetings. In this role, you'll be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of our services, and build a pipeline of high-growth companies that may qualify for R&D tax credits.
On a typical day you might:
- Use sequencing, cold calling, and direct messaging to generate new sales opportunities
- Build long-term relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Book meetings or calls between prospective customers and the business development team.
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly results to the Sales Manager
- 1 year+ of sales experience, with a track record of exceeding lead generation targets
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to develop into a Business Development or Account Executive role
- Consistent approach to sales with a daily goals mentality
- Proficiency with CRM and outreach software
- Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving targets
For this role, the salary will be £37,500 OTE with a basic salary of £30,000. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working. So, outside of your first six months, where we will expect you to be in the office 2-3 days a week, and occasional events, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Take a look at GrantTree’s profile on Flexa.careers. You’ll see that it’s really important to us to offer a supportive, inclusive, flexible and transparent environment where people are trusted to work autonomously. And you’ll see how our team rated us on that too!
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a quarterly cash incentive
- Summer Fridays - get Friday afternoons off in the summer
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply
Please answer these questions in the application form or in your cover letter:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- What is your current quota made up of? (e.g. calls made, meetings booked etc)
- How are you doing against it?
- If you could change one thing about your role, what would it be?
- What attributes or dynamics do you look for in a team and why?
- Based on your own experiences, what does trust mean to you?