Remote-first - Work from anywhere
A little flex time
Immerse yourself in cutting-edge UK technology, helping big ideas become the next big thing!
Are you looking to work in a thriving team with ambitious goals? Are you yearning to develop at top speed? Do you see yourself at the heart of British Innovation, mingling with the country’s latest and greatest founders?
If so, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in Innovation grants and tax credits. We work with some of the country’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to join our client acquisition team.
That’s where you come in!
As our Business Development Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in creating new business opportunities, identifying leads, structuring outreach campaigns, and exceeding sales targets. In cultivating new business, you’ll be engaging with the top decision-makers and pioneering forces across deeptech, cleantech, agritech, and advanced manufacturing to name a few. In this role, you'll be expected to gain a deep understanding of our services quickly, and build a pipeline of high-growth startups and scale-ups that may qualify for innovation grants.
On a typical day you might:
- Research a batch of prospect for the latest Innovate UK competition
- Reach out appropriate decision-makers at target organisations
- Build and develop our lead generation processes
- Work with our marketing lead on a new LinkedIn campaign
- Foster relationships with UK founders and C-suite executives
- Qualify and interrogate a startup's development plans
- Negotiate a grant application contract and pricing with a client
- Report your sales performance quota to the sales team
- A passion for growing companies and the tech industry
- Experience in CRM management (Salesforce, HubSpot or Pipedrive)
- Previous experience selling to startups
- Negotiation and contract management skills
- Demonstration of lead generation and prospecting
- 2+ years of business development experience
- Availability for a full-time position
For this role, the salary will be £35,000, and we do have some flex depending on experience. If you think the role is right for you but don't quite fit the requirements, apply anyway! In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working. So, outside of your three-month training period, where we will expect you to be in the office 2-3 days a week, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms like Spill for mental well-being
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Please answer these questions in the application form or in your cover letter:
- What is the most exciting tech startup in the UK right now and why?
- Which current Innovate UK competition interests you the most?
- How would you find and excite companies into applying to the competition?
- What attributes or dynamics do you look for in a team and why?
- What does trust mean to you?