1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
📍Based circa 3 days a week at our HQ in East London (the other 2-3 days remote or office - up to you!)
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Customer Success Team Lead, reporting directly to the Head of Customer Success, to help us achieve this.
Our Customer Success team manages our customer relationships, turning letting agents into Goodlord evangelists. They are responsible for driving value at all times, and being trusted advisors for our customers.
Our Scaled Customer Success team is part of the wider Customer Success team and has grown from strength to strength since inception nearly 2 years ago. The Scaled team are responsible for 50% of our customer base and nurture our accounts through a combination of 1:many and 1:1 approaches including automations, content and calls. It’s our mission to ensure our customers see the value in what we do and continue to renew with us year after year.
We are looking for a Customer Success Team Lead for our scaled team to maintain the excellent foundations of the current team, to coach and support the best customer success managers in the industry!
You will be excited to own a departmental strategy and the journey that we have to go on to turn that into reality. This will require building on and maintaining a strong relationship with the wider Customer Success function, our service and product teams. You will be leaning on your previous management experience to invest in and progress your team as well as help coach a best practice approach.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
The day to day stuff:
- Working closely with the Head of Customer Success to ensure the team are happy, motivated and delivering an outstanding service to our customers
- Working with, line managing and coaching a team of 5 Customer Success Managers, helping them deliver on objectives in their day to day and develop in their role longer term
- Continuously monitoring, reporting and acting on agreed performance metrics/data quarter on quarter
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the team and making sure it runs smoothly including but not limited to; conducting 121’s, CTA assignments for renewals & transaction limits, office hour rota management, quarterly reviews, holiday requests, team absence and cover, etc
- Recruiting & onboarding new members of the team, with responsibility for documenting any new changes to the training content required as our platform develops
- Spearheading and supporting internal team training and workshops to ensure the team continuously upskill
- Acting as second stage escalation support for the team where needed to resolve and enhance service
- Staying on top of competitor and industry changes to ensure we stay ahead in an ever changing industry, and ensuring that the Success team are using this with their customers
- Immersing yourself in the company and building knowledge of our evolving product, ensuring feedback flows from Customer Success to the relevant business and product teams.
- Working cross-functionally within the company to develop processes and improve customer experience
- Supporting the other Customer Success team leads and working closely with them on strategies to drive the team forward.
The knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in this role.
- You have demonstrable experience of working with business customers in a consultative, goals and values driven environment (ideally in the property industry)
- You have experience directly line managing CSMs/Account Managers and/or Lettings Negotiators/Property Managers monitoring individual performance.
- You are energetic, creative, curious and confident. You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your management and communication style to work most effectively with them
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively with various different levels of internal stakeholders (all the way from junior to senior management), as well as with customers.
- You have made a tangible and long lasting impact on customer strategy, helping to develop initiatives, voice of customer projects or improved advocacy programmes that can be rolled out to the whole team.
- You have commercial experience that allows you to help your team provide a consultative approach to upsell and feature adoption.
- You are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them.
- What we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
and it would be super great if:
- You have experience with utilising Gainsight, Salesforce or other similar CRMs
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 250 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role
Strictly NO agencies please!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian (including ID and DBS Check) before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **