1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We are looking for a Senior C# Engineer to join our team.
🏡 Location - Sheffield/London/Remote (UK Only) - Hybrid working as standard if office based.
Goodlord are a PropTech scale-up who have created a revolutionary, cloud-based software platform to bring together agents, landlords and tenants online and process all the paperwork electronically.
In 2020 Goodlord group acquired Vouch - an award-winning cloud-based referencing platform launched in 2018 used by thousands of people daily, built on layers of Industry knowledge using the latest technology to deliver a solution that really works for the lettings industry - this role will be working on the Vouch product exclusively.
About the role
In the words of Dan, our Tech Director “For something to be simple to use it requires complexity somewhere else and we hide all that away from the agent and the tenant, Vouch just does it all for you”
If this sounds like something you might say then we could be a great match for you!
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate Senior C# Engineer to join our close team working on our award-winning platform and partner integration framework.
No two days are ever the same so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Liaising with stakeholders and engineers you will build out new product feature sets and cloud services to help drive the platform forward.
- Helping to build out a partner integration framework to allow us to grow our expanding list of 3rd party integrations.
- Working reactively as issues arise and being able to resolve these in a timely manner
- Communicating any issues/challenges with the relevant stakeholders within the business.
You should apply if you have:
- Commercial experience developing distributed applications in C# or Node
- Strong working knowledge of databases (relational and NoSQL).
- Familiarity with Github and Devops processes (CI/CD) and be able to write clean, easily maintained and testable code.
- Working knowledge of Azure (preferable) or AWS cloud platforms and Docker
- Proficient with advanced software engineering design and architecture principles, patterns and practices.
- Strong knowledge of web application security and how to guard against common vulnerabilities.
- Strong communication skills and can adapt to the technical level of your audience.
- Focused on providing value, solving end-user problems and having a real impact on the organization.
- Biased towards collaboration.
- Open to learning new languages, technologies and ways of working.
You should also:
- be comfortable taking concepts and ideas building out a work plan and executing that plan and working in an agile environment.
- Have strong communication skills and be happy working as part of a team as well on individual tasks.
And it would be super great if you:
- Have knowledge of PHP
- know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer
- Top 100 flexible employer 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
The Interview Process typically looks like this
For more information, Donovan, our CTO, has written a blog post that goes in-depth into our interview process: https://blog.goodlord.co/careers/how-goodlord-recruits-engineers.
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer**