1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
📍 London HQ (E1) based - 2 days per week in the office (the other 3 is your choice- office, remote, beach, park!)
Please note that this is a Junior role within our team and would most likely suit a recent grad with some commercial experience, or a first jobber in the world of Operations!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an Operations Executive to help us achieve this.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
As a key member of the Ops Team you’ll help make this reality by ensuring our operational processes support our world class customer platform to provide tenants, landlords and agents with products and services that make the renting experience truly amazing.
This is a role that focuses on process improvement, high levels of accuracy and ultimately anything and everything that supports the business success.
The day to day stuff:
The ops team is the engine room of Goodlord and this means you will be responsible for keeping the business running smoothly. Think spreadsheets, automation and graphs! Lots of graphs.
Things you will be doing:
- Understanding, managing and ultimately automating/improving the operational processes for a number of Goodlord’s products and understanding the products themselves
- Using Google Sheets and our Database to query and manipulate data and keep our records updated and accurate
- Using automation software (or hook / crook) to automate manual processes into non-existence
- Using Google Cloud platforms such as Bigquery and Dataprep to query and manipulate data and build automation workflows
- Responding to customer queries regarding the products you manage
- Understanding and interacting with other teams and stakeholders to resolve operational issues
- Spotting and responding dynamically to new problems that arise in your processes or processes you are introduced to
- Deciphering metrics that indicate the productivity of the products that you help manage in data insights platforms such as tableau
The knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in this role.
- You’re confident following, improving and introducing great processes, and could develop a process from scratch if necessary
- You’re comfortable learning and working across different software platforms
- You’re confident using spreadsheets and formulae
- You’re full of ideas, are not shy about expressing and discussing them and get excited about executing them
- You show initiative and have a positive, get stuff done attitude, and can maintain this under pressure
- You can retain information and are an adept note taker / step-by-step guide writer
- You have a brilliant command of English in both spoken and written communication
- You’re detail oriented and methodical
- You’re a power user and value efficiency! You’d rather use the keyboard to do something than the mouse, and you can touch type
- You’re super organized and have proven your ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth
- You have a passion for learning
And it would be super great if:
- You’re keen to work for a close, young company and what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
- You have some knowledge or experience of SQL
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **