1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
📍 London HQ E1 (2 days a week onsite) is our preference but we can be flexible for the right candidate so just let us know what you need and we will see what we can do!
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Head of Demand Generation, who will report to our Director of Marketing, to help us achieve this.
This is a strategic role that will require you to use your strong leadership skills to work cross-functionally and determine how best to reach, educate, nurture, and drive action with our target buyer persona(s)
You will own all aspects of demand-generation marketing, which means this role will be best suited to someone who wants to make a big impact in a fast paced, collaborative environment, whilst considering the win for the team and not just themselves!
You will be working very closely with the leadership team, Sales team, and Customer Success team - and of course, alongside the wider Marketing team.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord, so what you’ll be up to will vary a lot. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy:
- Successfully develop our full-funnel demand generation strategy - from lead generation to demand for additional products within our existing customer base
- Manage a small team of marketers who specialise in demand generation
- Design complex, end-to-end marketing campaigns that deliver results measured in MQLs, pipeline created, won accounts, and revenue.
- Set the tone with high standards, a customer obsession, and data-driven, disciplined decision-making.
- Work closely with other marketing team members to develop and execute webinars, field events, trade shows, content marketing, partner marketing, and product launches.
- Develop collaborative partnerships across the organisation to identify, launch, and refine demand generation strategies.
- Own budget and metrics, and foster an understanding of our efforts through great internal reporting and distribution of results.
- Analyse, report and optimise all demand generation programmes based on ROI.
- Penetrate our target segments with the right mix of targeted marketing and ABM programmes in partnership with Sales.
- Get to the root of issues and blockers and then intelligently implement tools and initiatives to get the job done.
You should apply if you have:
- Significant commercial experience in software/SaaS marketing with demonstrated career progression in demand gen.
- Strong People management experience and ability to demonstrate your strong people management skills. (you will have been leading a team of at least 3-4 marketers in a commercial setting)
- Demonstrable track record of measurable success in developing and growing pipeline through innovative campaigns and programmes to scale company growth.
- Demonstrable experience in partnering with Sales to find effective and efficient ways to drive pipeline.
- Management skills and hands-on approach with integrated campaign development and execution.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively to break down problems and find effective solutions.
- Exceptional writing skills to develop creative and effective campaign messaging.
- Expertise in multi-stage demand gen funnels and related technologies including marketing automation.
- Deep interest in the data underlying the funnel and an ability to use the data so that we can get better at ability tracking cost of customer acquisition (CAC).
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 300 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too
- 💞 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Strictly NO agencies - we are not looking for extra support at this time.--