1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
ABOUT THE ROLE
📍Based remotely in the UK, with once a month travel to our HQ in East London!
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Customer Support Hero to help us achieve this.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
These are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy on a day to day basis:
- Working on live chat, inbound phone and email enquiries to proactively solve some challenging technical and navigational issues for our customers.
- Offering and delivering first class customer and user experience
- Identifying root causes for simple issues which cause customers to contact us repeatedly - and helping us solve them
- Implementing creative solutions to proactively resolve potential issues for customers at first point of contact.
- Managing/contributing to projects aimed at optimising resolution workflows and improving the Customer experience
- Being an advocate for our users and working directly with our Development team to help improve our products
- Help us become an industry-leading and award-winning customer service team, where the emphasis is on delighting the customer rather than merely satisfying them
You should apply if:
- you are able to switch between multiple platforms with speed and accuracy
- you get on with everyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- your written and spoken English are envied by others
- you’re a quick-thinker and can diffuse difficult conversations with empathy and humour
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you are energetic, creative, curious and confident
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
- you have a positive attitude and work well under pressure and targets
And it would be super great if:
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
- You have previous experience of working within a customer/technical support team delivering first class customer experience.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 250 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
WHY YOU'LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role
Strictly NO agencies please!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **