1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
📍Office based at least 3 days a week - Spitalfields, your choice if you want to work remotely or in the office the other 2 days.
💰 Base salary plus comms = Realistic OTE £38-43k in year one
Do you want to join a high performing sales team in a dynamic Proptech where your imaginattion & drive is the limit not your job title? Do you think that you could be as excited as our product as we are?
If so then we want to speak to you!
We're looking for an energetic and motivated Business Development Executive to join the team and help spread the word about Goodlord.
Our team is an eclectic bunch who help businesses explore our unique and game-changing platform. Our product speaks for itself but we need positive people, people to ensure others out there are listening.
You will support the team by warming up lead, contacting customers-to-be to explain how Goodlord can change their lives and working closely with the rest of the team to convert leads into loyal customers.
In order to succeed, you'll need larger than life communication skills and an ability to smile down the phone. You'll get to know Goodlord's product inside out and be our biggest advocate.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Pipeline generation and driving new business. This is the bread and butter of the role, what you’ll be responsible for and targeted on
- Growing our customer base and opening conversations with new customers
- Analysing our market database and teasing out the best leads
- Working cross-functionally with all teams to help create the ultimate Goodlord Customer experience
- Keeping up to date with developments to your products and sharing customer feedback
You should apply if you:
- have a proven track record of pipeline generation and sales success in a high transaction volume environment and/or a solid background in residential lettings.
- have a reassuring and charming phone manner – you can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively without being face-to-face
- are commercially minded and love working with targets (and over-delivering on them, we did say your drive was the limit!)
- are Resourceful, motivated teammate with a competitive spirit
- are a great storyteller with the ability to convince others
- have excellent written and verbal English
- are resilient to change, flexible and adaptable
- use energy and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire others to achieve the goal
- Have a strong work ethic and are a self-starter
- Are excited about what we're doing here at Goodlord!
And it would be super great if you have:
- Experience using Salesforce/Pardot
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the last year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💞 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
Strictly NO agencies
Unfortunately we are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **