This exciting 12 month fixed term contract role involves working across FSCS, Stakeholders and Public Affairs, to enhance and maintain a positive reputation for FSCS through outstanding, proactive stakeholder management, and public affairs. You will work as part of an ambitious and experienced team, to develop and deliver a strong engagement and communications programme that engages and influences all the FSCS stakeholder and public affairs audiences. Our audiences include (but are not necessarily limited to), financial services firms, consumer organisations, the media, trade bodies, regulators, MPs and government bodies, as well as FSCS’s international counterparts. You will also work closely with the Board, Executive Team and People Team across FSCS to educate, inform, brief, advise and support to deliver the wider Stakeholder and Public Affairs strategy that underpins the overarching FSCS strategy.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
- Manage and deliver an effective stakeholder and public affairs programme that generates understanding, awareness and support for FSCS’ strategic ambition.
- With the Head of Stakeholder and Public Affairs, act as an advisor to the Executive Team on political and reputational issues, providing regular updates and written and verbal briefings
- Act as a spokesperson for the business, representing the business at industry events and external meetings, delivering key strategic public messages and represent the business in a positive manner
- Develop and implement engagement programmes for the Board and Executive Team which promote and protect the business’ reputation and commercial interests.
- Prioritise issues, generate ideas and deliver on opportunities to promote FSCS and its public policy positions to Government and stakeholders.
- Establish, build, manage and influence external relationships e.g. national and local politicians, civil servants, trade associations, interest groups, and think tanks.
- Work closely with the communications and marketing teams, to deliver outstanding, relevant and timely content and communications across all stakeholders, including managing and responding to correspondence, enquiries and complaints.
- Oversee the capture and use of data using the FSCS stakeholder relationship CRM to provide timely management information to the business that drives relevant insights and continuous improvement.
- Work in partnership with external agencies to support the build and delivery of the Stakeholder and Public affairs communications and engagement strategy.
- Conduct research to inform and drive the strategic ambition of FSCS and deliver outstanding Stakeholder experiences and Public affairs.
- Work collaboratively within the team and across FSCS, to bring people confidently on this exciting journey.
- Remain informed and up to date with developments in the Financial Services sector, horizon scanning to be prepared for upcoming stakeholder engagement.
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- Educated to degree level or possessing equivalent qualifications or experience in stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Experience of public affairs, stakeholder relations and communications at a management level.
- Experience of successfully representing an organisation publicly at events, through public speaking and through social and media channels.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- The ability to problem solve and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, while maintaining composure.
- Demonstrate leadership and development skills.
- Experience of strategic planning, managing communications and key messaging.
- Excellent written, verbal and editorial skills, writing in clear plain English and for different media and audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate skills in teamwork and networking both internally across the organisation and externally with relevant partners and stakeholders
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London
What employees are saying
A really flexible place to work, that embraces the 'your day, your way' philosophy. Very inclusive to different circumstances. For me it means I get a solid 'work life' balance around child care and work. Love it :)
More roles at FSCS
- Digital Customer Experience Product Manager
- Finance & System Accounting Specialist (Maternity Cover FTC)
- Executive Assistant (Maternity Cover - 12 months FTC)
- Organisational Resilience Business Partner
- Facilities Management Officer
- Procurement Business Partner
- Payments & Sanctions Analyst
- Digital Product Manager