Operating as part of the ‘second line of defence’ you will work in partnership with all areas of FSCS to enable the effective delivery of the Operational Resilience programme. The role holder will support the Organisational Resilience Manager and the Head of Organisational Risk & Resilience in the development and operation of the Resilience Programme, including planning, executing, and reporting on testing and exercising engagements, maintenance of the Important Business Service plans and security management activities. This is a high-profile role which requires excellent stakeholder management, as the role holder will engage with colleague’s organisation-wide, across all seniorities, and with key partners such as the Bank of England.
The role holder will help develop and maintain relevant, timely, and reliable resilience reporting and management information for the Board, Risk Committee, Executive Team, and wider management, in accordance with FSCS’s Resilience Management Framework. This is done by managing, maintaining, and improving the tools and systems used by FSCS to manage its resilience-related data, ensuring the data is secure and accurate and value-adding information can be provided to stakeholders.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
Resilience & Security
- Accountable for the delivery of the Business Impact Analysis in-line with the Resilience Framework.
- Accountable for the secretariat functions of senior and management groups covering resilience topics including use of measures and metrics to manage associated outputs.
- Accountable for the management of the Mass Notification Tool, Work Area Recovery Site, and other providers, including development and utilisation.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Business Impact Analysis, Disaster Recovery (Business Continuity) and Contingency Plans (IBS)
- Responsible for the active management of the Awareness & Delivery Programme.
- Producing and collating accurate related management information, metrics and supporting reporting
- Driving efficiencies and improvements in reporting processes to increase efficiency in report production and accuracy or report content.
- Maintaining risk tools, procedures, and guidance.
- Producing accurate resilience related management information (MI) and supporting papers that enhances decision making across the organisation.
Testing & Exercising
- Supports development, delivery and reporting of testing and exercising engagements internally and externally.
- Supports business teams in planning, executing, and reporting on locally led testing and exercising engagements
- Provides support to the Incident Management and Crisis Management Teams during activations.
- Contributes to the delivery of post-incident reports.
- Responds to event notifications from external parties as required.
- Liaising and leading engagement across the organisation to ensure that high-quality resilience related data is submitted in accordance with set timetables.
- Supporting positive relationships through the testing and exercising programme, ensuring understanding and agreed outcomes.
- Providing business functions with guidance, training and subject matter expertise on resilience management methodologies and tools.
Organisational Risk & Resilience Team Collaboration
- Contributing to the wider success of the Organisational Risk & Resilience Team through the development of the Risk & Resilience Lifecycle.
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- Accredited to CBCI level or equivalent.
- Knowledge and awareness of the field of resilience.
- Understanding of the UK financial services sector and the role of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyse, interpret and communicate data.
- Experience in the application of Operational Resilience or the BCM lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Data Management tools to produce reporting.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills.
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London
What employees are saying
A really flexible place to work, that embraces the 'your day, your way' philosophy. Very inclusive to different circumstances. For me it means I get a solid 'work life' balance around child care and work. Love it :)