Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
As a Subject Matter Expert at Fourthrev, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives by contributing your expertise and experience to the design and development of online learning programmes and credentials that help every learner to achieve their career goals within the digital economy.
What your day to day will look like with us
- Model and exemplify FourthRev’s values while demonstrating commitment to our vision and strategy.
- Work alongside LXD Managers to review and complete industry research to inform curriculum design.
- Support the LXD Manager to design the programme curriculum.
- Contribute industry insights in co-design workshops with university faculty to ensure course alignment with career outcomes.
- Create and review course maps in collaboration with Lead LXDs and LXD Managers to create engaging, authentic, and relevant learning journeys that provide tangible career outcomes for learners.
- Contribute to the design and creation of course assessments, weekly assignment activities and practical activities, in line with Fourthrev’s project-based learning pedagogy.
- Work with Senior LXDs and LXDs to create and review written content, storyboards, video scripts, narrated animations, tutorials/demonstrations, vignettes and ‘talking head’ videos.
- Support the LXD team by attending regular meetings, sharing resources and suggesting scenarios/case studies, etc.
- Collaborate asynchronously throughout the week to resolve questions as they arise.
- Where applicable, provide source content, e.g. code, outputs, formulae, etc (tech courses only).
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5-10 years experience operating at Senior-level within a specialist industry/field.
- Expert-level knowledge of, and an established track record within, your specialist field/industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and an ability to articulate complex ideas in a way that people can understand.
- Be passionate about the transformational impact of education.
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and continually learn in an ever-changing environment.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I love that I’m given the responsibility to work in a way that is best for me. It’s inspiring seeing colleagues work from temporary locations around the world and as long as you get your job done, it's completely fine!