Fully flexible hours
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
FourthRev is a VC-backed fast growth education-technology start-up focused on solving the skills crisis of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Our purpose is to drive social and economic advancement for people as we all transition into the new digital economy. To achieve this, we bring together world-leading universities, technology companies and employer partners to deliver learning experiences with direct pathways to qualifications and jobs in the digital economy.
Since our launch in May 2019, FourthRev has partnered with multiple educational institutions and big-brand technology companies across the UK, Australia and North America, delivering courses impacting over a thousand learners.
We're deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We offer flexible working arrangements, deeply support ongoing growth and development of individuals and place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations.
Following the completion of our latest funding round, we are recruiting key roles to build upon our strong momentum and drive growth.
The purpose of the Strategic Partnerships Director is to ensure the successful management and delivery of FourthRev’s activities with one or more of its university partners in Australia. Working closely with the global Partnerships team, your core purpose is to manage relationships with your counterpart at the university partner, and coordinate FourthRev’s activities with that partner, support reporting and governance meetings with the partner, and ultimately build trust in our performance and processes.
Ideal candidates will have solid experience as a senior account manager able to steward and influence internal and client team interactions to achieve shared objectives. The role is ideal for someone with a strong client service and project management mindset, a passion for detail, exceptional organisational and time management skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate at all levels. You will have credible working knowledge of online course development and delivery or digital marketing.
You will also be excited and comfortable to work in a fun, global and rapidly changing start-up environment, where new systems and processes are being developed. Finally, you will be passionate about learning: for yourself, for your colleagues and for students on our partners’ courses.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Solely owning the overall success of the account by managing partner relationships, conducting business reviews and sharing insights and best practices.
- Overseeing operational planning and risk management across key phases of the engagement with the partner, and problem-solving issues as they arise.
- Serving as a primary point of escalation when issues arise, troubleshooting, and ensuring quick resolution.
- Ensuring the FourthRev team is following up on its commitments, is coordinated in its activities, and responds in a timely way to achieve positive outcomes.
- Coaching FourthRev teams in their interactions with the partner so that we operate with consistency and with the right account-level perspective.
- Understanding the partner’s organisational and strategic goals, and identifying opportunities to further support them and thereby grow FourthRev revenues.
- Managing and preparing reports for governance meetings with the partner and internally, in line with obligations and expectations.
In addition, the Partnerships Director will help to develop effective processes and systems to manage partners to support efficiency and effectiveness as we expand the relationship.
Key selection criteria
- Over 5 years experience in key account management activities, processes and systems, ideally within higher education and online university programmes.
- Experience planning and managing projects involving coordination between multiple functions, both internal and external to the organisation.
- With a strong client-service mindset, you have a proven track-record in cultivating and building productive working relationships, ideally in a university context.
- Strong knowledge and sincere interest in the digital education environment and changes impacting universities and faculties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver compelling reports, presentations and proposals.
- You are a natural person with high emotional intelligence.
- You are highly organised and have strong attention to detail.
- Your bias is towards actions and win-win solutions.
- You make decisions in collaboration with others.
- You prefer to be over-prepared.
- You want to continuously improve.
- You are calm and unflappable under pressure.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!