Fully flexible hours
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
FourthRev is always on the lookout for great talent and we have regular need to appoint Instructional / Learning Designers, Seniors, Leads and Managers. If you'd like to place your application in our talent pool, we'd love to review and reach out once an opportunity becomes available. Here's a taste of what to expect in the Instructional Design role:
Do you enjoy transforming technical information into engaging learning experiences that motivate and inspire? Join us as an Instructional Designer, and you can make a difference designing and developing learning experiences to help learners achieve employability outcomes within the digital economy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create engaging, authentic, relevant learning journeys resulting in the highest quality outcomes for learners
- Research, design, develop, evaluate and improve educational content and learning assets for FourthRev products, including but not limited to:
- Written materials
- Assessment tasks and activities
- Peer-to-peer activities
- Other required learning activities to support engaging learning in all of online, face-to-face and blended learning environments
- Lead and work alongside contractors and consultants who are developing multimedia learning assets, supporting the design and ongoing quality assurance of these assets
- Liaise with other team-members, external SMEs and service providers to ensure development of materials to required standards, including accessibility, quality, sustainability requirements, and others as required
- Demonstrate commitment to FourthRev vision and values
- Contribute to Product strategy, standards, product quality, team success, and FourthRev culture
- Ensure development of materials is to required standards, including accessibility, quality, sustainability requirements, and others as required
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and uplift of FourthRev portfolio products, including engaging in ongoing research and consideration around product improvement opportunities
- Be capable of and willing to perform learning design end-to-end
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Technology in Education or Technical Writing
- 5+ years professional instructional design and learning strategy experience.
- Ability to take complex technical material and transform it into student centric, easy to understand and engaging online courses, documentation, and instructor-led course materials.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to organize information logically, identify content gaps and clarity issues, and the corresponding questions that need to be asked to obtain the missing information.
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with quality performance
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and to continually learn in an ever-changing environment
Bonus Points if you:
- Have experience in Data/software development or have written courses supporting these subjects
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!