Fully flexible hours
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
We’re looking for a seasoned editor/proof-reader to join our Editorial QC team. As an Editorial Quality Assurance Analyst, you will make a difference by driving quality throughout the company in order to help learners achieve employability outcomes within the digital economy. You should have a healthy obsession for consistency, quality of the highest calibre and turn your nose at inconsistencies and grammatical errors. We are a collaborative bunch, so our QC team works closely with all other departments, but particularly with Learning Design and Learning Technology.
Note: This is a job posting for an Editorial Quality Assurance Analyst, NOT an IT Quality Assurance Analyst. Our ideal candidate should be a dynamic go-getter who loves to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment. Your tasks will consist of assuring editorial quality, such as editing, proofreading, assuring consistency to FourthRev’s Style Guide and referencing, as well as guaranteeing textual flow, and syntactical congruency.
What your day will look like
- Provide oversight for and assure consistency to FourthRev’s editorial style guide
- Promote editorial best practices within the Product team
- Commit to correct referencing practices
- Provide high quality editing for FourthRev’s Product and wider deliverables, such as storyboards, course maps, graphics, alt-text, course overviews, assessment documents including marking rubrics, video scripts and so on
- Copy-edit, fact-check and proofread to the highest level
- Contribute to the development of Product strategy, standards and processes
- Demonstrate commitment to FourthRev’s vision and values
- Contribute to the overall Product quality, team success, and FourthRev culture
- Provide feedback/coaching notes and possibly lead mini enablement sessions
- Perform other duties as requested
What you need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in English, Linguistics, or Education
- Minimum of five years’ editing/editorial quality control experience
- Digital education experience is a bonus
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with time management skills
- To be a self-starter with a ‘yes, and…’ attitude
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and to continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Work in an agile environment where processes rapidly change and deadlines constantly shift
- Capability to edit large amounts of text within the stipulated deadlines
- Knowledge of eLearning platforms will benefit you
You have a keen eye for detail, absolutely love editing large chunks of text, are able to meet strict deadlines, enjoy collaboration as well as working in a silo, and have a passion for education and helping others progress in their careers. You will be excited to work in a dynamic, global and rapidly changing start-up environment, relishing the chance to stamp your mark on the future trajectory of the business as it builds a global footprint and impacts the lives of learners around the world.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!