Remote-first - With office locations
Fully flexible hours
Senior Software Engineer - .Net - Infra & Platform Team
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
The infra & platform team provides the tools and knowledge required by all engineering teams to work efficiently and effectively in their day to day tasks. We enable the Flipdish systems to run reliably, efficiently and safely by establishing visibility into our applications performance using that information to improve. You should have a passion to enable other engineers and to work on core challenges that allow all engineering teams to rapidly scale both their systems and their teams.
After 2 years working with Flipdish, you should be able to add the following to your list of achievements:
- I worked on the re-architecture of our system which initially was able to serve 3,000 online stores to being able to handle 500,000 stores
- I was heavily involved in the effort of reaching 99.99% availability performance
- I worked on scaling the system to provide high availability across multiple continents
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as Software Engineer
- You have strong experience in at least 4 of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC or WebAPI 2(C#)
- .NET Framework or .NET Core
- Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS)
- CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps or other)
- Monitoring tools (Datadog or other)
- Entity Framework
- NUnit/ XUnit/ Moq
- You have experience of planning, coordinating and delivering scalable production ready code in an incremental fashion on a system with 24/7 availability.
- You understand the importance of writing tests and lead by example by writing testable code
- You are champion of coaching, mentoring, guiding, leading by example
- You have knowledge of the software development process and industry tool sets
- You are a committed team player with a desire to make the impact on the team and the company above the individual
- You contribute to architectural discussions and help reach the best technical decision available in a collaborative manner.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
Nice to Have
- Scripting languages (PowerShell / bash)
- Swagger / Open API
- Experience with proxy services (HAProxy)
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 300+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 active clients across 25 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”