Remote-first - With office locations
Fully flexible hours
At Flipdish, we build whitelabel software for the hospitality industry across web, mobile app, kiosk and QR table order. Our clients rely on us to provide their customers a best in class user experience across all products, and design is at the very heart of our offering.
Due to our continued growth and significant investment, we're now expanding our Product Design team. We are a remote-first but close-knit, supportive team who work at pace and need you to bring your energy, experience, first class design and problem solving skills to help us take Flipdish to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Working closely with product and engineering teams, you’ll identify and evaluate user requirements, propose creative solutions and iterate on these
- Translate UX Research data into concrete user interface design improvements and get these prioritised into sprint planning so customers can see an immediate impact
- Design intuitive and delightful experiences from initial concept to finished product
- Create information architecture, journey maps, user stories, personas, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Partake in collaborative whiteboard and design sessions
- Adhere to and contribute to our evolving design system and design principles
- Be an advocate for data-driven design decisions across all products
- Help Flipdish become the global leader in digital food ordering
- You've got 3+ years experience as a UX/Product Designer and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally you have experience in the food, hospitality or related industries, and experience with kiosk, point of sale and/or touchscreen devices would be a plus.
- You must be able to demonstrate your previous experience and thought process with a comprehensive portfolio of work
- You’re a problem solver and are familiar with established design principles and interaction patterns
- You are experienced in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- You are proficient with industry tools. We use Figma, so you should have great Figma skills. We also use Miro, Smartlook, Amplitude, UserTesting.com, Zeroheight & Notion which would all be a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable and confident presenting both internally and to customers
Note: Your application cannot be considered without a link to or copy of a portfolio showcasing your design work.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”