Remote-first - With office locations
Fully flexible hours
Flipdish is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated and experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to help Flipdish scale to the next level. We have recently been declared the latest Irish tech unicorn, and our Chief Marketing Officer will help us grow far beyond that.
The CMO will be a public advocate for Flipdish and will help grow their brand, to help with acquiring both customers and talent. Ultimately, the marketing function is currently underperforming, and the marketing opportunity is huge. You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our teams in Dublin, London and across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
- Assessing, buildIng and growing the marketing team significantly. Headcount is currently around 10 people, but with the expectation and support for it being considerably larger (c30-40 FTEs)
- Defining and executing a marketing strategy, with a particular focus on developing an ambitious international GTM strategy for Flipdish and its products.
- Aligning all aspects of the marketing plan, including messaging, content, events, and product marketing, around the go-to-market strategy
- Creating and leading an agile marketing plan,which marries instinct and data in its approach to testing new initiatives and ideas.
- Lead on the build of Internal tools and external technologies to Improve marketing performance across CRM marketing automation, web analytics, social media management and customer data platforms
- Ensuring a “test and learn” culture, where different marketing initiatives are trialed, measured, and scaled.
- Building a data driven demand generation engine and working together with the sales organisations (and the rest of go-to-market) to drive organic growth
- Manage external marketing partner and supplier relationships and deliverables.
- Working closely with the rest of the executive team to ensure that the customer is at the centre of company and product strategy.
- Leading by example, demonstrating the ability to deliver the “big picture” whilst being in the details, being hands on, and driving commercial results.
- Testing different media strategies against different customer segments to optimize CAC and deliver the right ROI per channel. Embrace new channels to step change customer acquisition.
- Optimizing conversion funnels, driving improvements in ROI and ensuring high performance in the channels that work.
- Working with the customer Success team to ensure that current customers become evangelists for the product and remain a consistently strong base from which to grow.
- Engage our customers understand their concerns, marketing will play a key roll in upselling new products to these existing customers.
- Be a strong external voice/evangelist for the brand, delivering that message to key stakeholders (peers, customers, partners).
- Define the employer and employee brand.
- Be an experienced B2B SaaS/Marketplace marketing leader, with demonstrable success in defining customer and marketing strategies in high growth, high volume businesses, whilst still being execution focused. Flipdish’s customers are mainly owner operated businesses, although they do sell to some large chains.
- Have previously been part of a fast growth journey, ideally having witnessed the c$25m to $100m ARR journey. They will therefore be excited by the prospect of being able to build a team, marketing organisation, processes, and strategy from a relatively greenfield state. They will demonstrate a clear understanding of what it takes to work in a scale-up environment and will combine the ability to think strategically and galvanize a group around a vision, with a hands-on, agile, and applied approach.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive marketing skillset, ideally with strong capability in brand or product marketing, but with broader experience managing across the marketing spectrum.
- Experience with SME customers is essential. Additionally, experience marketing to Restaurants or Hospitality, or with empathy with the customer, would be helpful but not essential.
- Will have had responsibility for marketing budgets greater than £10m.
- Have previously managed teams upwards of 30+ FTEs, ideally across multiple geographies. Have experience in delivering international marketing programmes.
- Have experience leading and building scaled, global marketing teams, with proven previous success delivering against targets and budgets.
- Have a good understanding of and experience In the use of a variety of marketing technologies and their effectiveness in B2B marketing, including CRM, marketing automation, web analytics, social media management and customer data platforms.
- Able to be both in the detail at a deeply granular and tactical level, whilst also being able to think strategically and see the “big picture”. Will be adept at operating in a growth environment with limited infrastructure and processes.
- A team player, someone who can successfully collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- High energy, agile and fast moving, able to react quickly and pivot as appropriate, whilst moving at pace. They will combine a strong level of data literacy with instinct and will be unafraid to test ideas, make decisions and fail fast.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. Some of our benefits include:
- The ability to work from anywhere
- 30* days of annual leave
- Equity given to all employees
- Healthcare for UK, Irish, French, Spanish, German and US employees
We also provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocket ship!
* 25 days of annual leave, 4 summer Fridays off, St Patricks and Good Friday are holidays for all employees.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 clients across 25 countries with teams in the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To help restaurants flipping thrive.”