Chief Commercial Officer
Flipdish is a unicorn based in Dublin but with offices in London, New York, Paris, Barcelona and Berlin. Their mission is to help restaurants flippin’ thrive by building technology that gives SMEs an advantage over their competitors, like marketplaces. In a few short years they will become Europe’s runaway leader in their category, with IPO in sight.
Over the last decade, technology has dramatically changed how customers are choosing to order and pay for food, leaving many restaurants and takeaways to rely on marketplaces for online orders. Flipdish has built a digital ordering system that puts restaurants and takeaways of all sizes in control of their business growth. Flipdish’s subsequent growth has been underpinned by the belief that key partnerships with restaurants and takeaways, helping them to build their brands and charging a fair fee, provide significant benefits to both restaurants and the Flipdish platform in the long term. Flipdish’s core business model is readily applicable to a wide variety of client contexts, with commission fees per order charged at a fraction of the cost of aggregators.
With a branded website and app powered by proprietary platform technology, restaurant owners can directly accept online orders, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience. Flipdish’s core product suite includes whitelabeled websites, mobile applications, kiosks and qr order and pay solutions. Today, Flipdish is a global business with more than 8000 customers in 25 countries. Their growth trajectory shows no signs of slowing down.
In January 2022, Flipdish achieved unicorn status, raising a $100M Series C round led by Tencent and Tiger Global. With this funding, Flipdish is further strengthening its market leading product suite and sales team and acquiring attractive bolt on businesses, which will help pave the way for Flipdish to become one of Europe's few decacorns.
What You’ll Do
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer (Co-Founder), James McCarthy, your role as Chief Commercial Officer will be critical to leading, shaping and driving Flipdish’s revenue channels. You will structure and scale the Country Manager team (UK, Ireland, Spain + Italy + Portugal, France + Benelux, North America, DACH) providing guidance and leadership on all revenue related topics including: defining our USP, strengthening our customer segmentation, challenging our sales structure and strategy, setting ambitious sales and account growth targets and guiding each Country Manager to meet and exceed them. You will play a leading role in assessing how best to build relationships with new and current clients and guide our success team to extract maximum value out of every customer account.
This role requires an ambitious and seasoned revenue leader who will help Flipdish codify, professionalise and scale its sales organisation to drive maximum efficiency and reach its full revenue potential. Flipdish intends to process $1Bn in GMV in the next couple of years and is looking for a Revenue leader who is energised by the hard work and thought leadership that will be required to get there. With kiosks solutions becoming increasingly prevalent, there is a unique window for Flipdish to become the clear market leader across every digital ordering vertical. Each digital product currently has a different TAM, different USP, different go to market strategy and different level of maturity. As Flipdish navigates this evolving landscape, the Chief Commercial Officer will be afforded the opportunity to play a meaningful part in defining this next phase of growth at Flipdish while also helping hundreds of thousands of SMBs survive and thrive.
This person will have an important seat at the table among the small executive team at Flipdish. The successful candidate will need to be able to influence and collaborate in equal measures. He or she will directly manage 6 Country Managers and oversee a wider team of ~100. This role therefore demands a people leader who can make tough decisions, maintain high expectations and remain motivated and effective in a multi-layered organisation.
- Own the regional level P&L and provide guidance on how this breaks down by country. You will be fully responsible for Flipdish meeting its monthly revenue targets by country.
- Directly lead 6 country managers and oversee a team of >100 people.
- Own sales strategy and industry mapping by country - help country managers to define USP, segment customers, select product mix, set pricing model and pave a path to exceeding revenue targets each quarter.
- Own client growth by country - helping Customer Success Managers pave a path for growing their book of business each quarter.
- Strategically navigate each country’s unique buying landscape; you’ll research, roadmap, and use your strong analytical skills to build compelling, data-driven business cases for our platform in each region.
- Research and identify growth opportunities on an ongoing basis including aiding the product team in prioritising the development of new features.
- Champion our mission and technology, acting as the “face of Flipdish” in regions - leading local campaigns, speaking at conferences, and providing consistent thought leadership in the hospitality tech space.
- Identify revenue-generating partnerships in each country from POS companies to F&B brands, work closely with the Partnerships team to demonstrate our value proposition and to develop mutually beneficial collaboration agreements.
- Participate in decision making at the highest level of the company.
- Contribute to board discussions when appropriate.
- A savvy communicator and natural relationship-builder; you have a record of achievement in the Sales, Business Development, or Consulting space, and enjoy leading revenue growth-focused initiatives. You have 8+ years of experience in a client-facing role, preferably in a startup or at a top-tier consulting firm.
- Track record of successful revenue leadership within a fast-growth tech startup.
- A true sales leader - someone who loves the art of selling and has a demonstrable record of smashing revenue targets.
- Previous P&L ownership - proven record of owning a budget and consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- A proven manager, comfortable being the coach and mentor to a range of experience levels.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with a high internal locus of control.
- Fast mover - the ability to be agile in your approach and handle ambiguity.
- Strong technical ability, and an interest in how our products and services are helping our customers grow and succeed.
- Positive attitude - you will be an integral part of our leadership team and a go-to person for the European market at Flipdish.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in French, Spanish or German a bonus.
Too many to list on this job post. We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes valuable ESOP because we want all of our best employees to make a tonne of money when we succeed. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocket ship!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flipdish provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flipdish is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Fully Remote with offices in Dublin, London, New York, Paris
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)
What employees are saying
I love that I don't have to travel to the office every day. It saves me so much money! I can also go visit my family who live in another country and work from there so I don't have to use my holiday allowance.
Anonymous Flipdish Employee